Wendy Million

The Bootcamp Mentors are proud to present a spotlight interview with RElizabethM Check out this writer's works and give them a shout out in the comments. 

BCM:  What motivated you to become a Bootcamp Mentor and what have you found most valuable about the program? 

Wendy: I have been a mentor since this program's inception. I enjoy helping other writers, and I think I have learned a lot over the years, and I have things to share. I have really enjoyed getting to see the different ways my mentees have tackled the editing process over the last three years. My system has been the same, but each one tackles it in a slightly different way. 

BCM:  What prompted you to start writing on Wattpad and what do you like most about the platform? 

 Wendy: I started writing on Wattpad in 2016 after one of my students mentioned the platform. I love the sense of community and the friendships I have made. 

BCM:  Tell us one thing about your writing process that you've incorporated into your mentoring. 

Wendy: I am (mostly) a plantser when I write, so I think it's given me a good understanding of how someone else who writes in a similar way might end up with dangling plot threads or story aspects that need to be refined and tweaked. 

BCM:  If you had to describe your mentee's story in three words, what would they be? 

Wendy: Romance, mystery, suspense 

BCM:  Will you be entering a story into the 2022 Wattys? If so, what motivated you to write the story? 

Wendy: Yes, I have a story called The Nanny. The idea sprung out of a Twitter post I read eons ago from someone who said they didn't realize they were interviewing a man for a nanny position or something like that because he had a name that didn't make his sex clear. I tried to come up with a situation where someone would plausibly hire a male nanny without realizing they'd done so. 

BCM:  Share two Wattpad story recommendations. 

Wendy: Anything written by pseudoannie — she has loads of books. Or anything written by JessiHansen — she also has a lot of books published and available on Wattpad.

Thank you, Wendy. We wish you all the best in your writing endeavors.

Keeping watching this space for more spotlight interviews.