Alwyn_Knighton

The Bootcamp Mentors are proud to present a spotlight interview with Alwyn_Knighton author of Tide Changer. Check out this writer's work and give them a shout out in the comments. 

BCM: How did you discover the Bootcamp Mentors and what have you found most valuable about this Wattpad community program?

Alwyn_Knighton: Several writers I know took part in it and recommended it to me. Another writer's feedback on my work has definitely been the most valuable thing.

BCM: What prompted you to start writing on Wattpad and what do you like most about the platform as a writer?

Alwyn_Knighton: I had a complete novel I wrote for myself (or my drawer) and Wattpad seemed like a fun way to find out whether anyone would read it. Interacting with my readers and reading their comments is what I love the most. It's thrilling to see them react to my books and know they're looking forward to whatever story I come up with next.

BCM: What motivated you to write the story you're submitting to the 2023 Wattys?

Alwyn_Knighton: The idea of a summer fling and the "right person, wrong time" concept. The two main characters of Tide Changer are soulmates, and that instant connection (not insta love, haha) between two people is something I find super special in books and real life both.

BCM:. If you had to describe your story in three words, what would they be?

Alwyn_Knighton: Heartfelt, angsty, steamy.

BCM: Tell us one thing about your writing process that has helped you the most.

Alwyn_Knighton: Plotting/outlining has drastically changed my process and the quality of my books.

BCM: Share two Wattpad story recommendations.

Alwyn_Knighton: Festive Fake by JessEubanks and Love Expectations by galarussauthor if you're looking for amazing writing and characters.

Thank you, Alwyn_Knighton. We wish you all the best in your writing endeavors.

More BCM spotlight interviews are on the way!