JJ_Ames

The Bootcamp Mentors are proud to present a spotlight interview with JJ_Ames author of Life. Check out this writer's works and give them a shout out in the comments. 

BCM: How did you discover the Bootcamp Mentors and what have you found most valuable about the program?

JJ_Ames: As a matter of fact, I found the Bootcamp Mentors through AJ's previous mentees, Rachel and Dene. They still rave about how she helped both take their novels to the next level!

For me, it is impossible to say what I found most valuable since I require so much help and still do!

Though if pressed, it had to be the summary portion of the camp. One must get to know your novel intimately. It is there a person can find plot challenges and character issues.

BCM: What prompted you to start writing on Wattpad and what do you like most about the platform as a writer?  

JJ_Ames: For me, choosing Wattpad was an easy decision, after an exhaustive search for ease of use since I knew zero about how to write a novel. Not only is Wattpad easy to use but almost everyone proved to be kind to this novice. So I stayed. lol

The one thing I like most about Wattpad is the accessibility from anywhere with a wi-fi connection. Whether from my phone, laptop, or tablet I can write and edit or chat with my writing friends.

BCM: What motivated you to write the story you're submitting to the 2022 Wattys?  

JJ_Ames: Nothing like a question to make me soul search! I am not a romance author, duh, no kidding! I am stubborn to the core, ask madameraerae She confirmed this, right? Anyway, the story Life  came to me while researching other stories about traditional cancer treatments and non-traditional, or natural treatments. Being from a small town with so many community connections, I chose two characters who were disconnected even while living next door for twenty years. As humans, we pick up on things even when we don't think we are. They ultimately find their connection through an unlikely circumstance. As with any storyteller, I wanted to weave something unique...I hope I have captured this.

BCM: If you had to describe your story in three words, what would they be? 

JJ_Ames: Love is challenging

BCM: Tell us one thing about your writing process that has helped you the most.  

JJ_Ames: The biggest thing I am still learning that is the most important to me is going back for editing and rewriting. For the longest time, I would write a story and walk away as if everything was perfect. Lol So, with the daily urging of someone who will remain nameless, I actually began to edit and noticed a huge difference. Who knew? Apparently everyone!

BCM: Share two Wattpad story recommendations. 

JJ Ames: April 27th by nattieaustin and Fifty Dollars, Fifteen Cents by McSidney

Thank you, JJ_Ames. We wish you all the best in your writing endeavors.

There are still a few brilliant Bootcamp writers we haven't heard from. Keep it here, folks.

 Keep it here, folks