rubyranawrites

The Bootcamp Mentors are proud to present a spotlight interview with rubyranawrites author of Need You To Talk To Me. Check out this writer's works and give them a shout out in the comments. 

BCM: How did you discover the Bootcamp Mentors and what have you found most valuable about the program?

rubyranawrites: I remember seeing it mentioned last year on friends' IG posts and stories, as well as WP announcements, but didn't take the time to investigate further. This year, I saw it even more, especially from mentees who I admired and respected as writers (and some even friends) so I thought I'd give it a go!

Having an objective set of eyes read through the manuscript is invaluable. I appreciate the encouragement and criticism equally. Being asked why helps cement my reasoning or realize something needs to improve/change.

BCM: What prompted you to start writing on Wattpad and what do you like most about the platform as a writer?

rubyranawrites: I started off writing Richard Madden RPFxOC fanfic after Bodyguard released on Netflix. 😅 Pregnancy hormones are wild, folks. After reading books by GryffindorsLoneWolf on Wattpad, I was inspired to also write stories featuring original, South-Asian American FMCs since I hadn't found them elsewhere on the platform.

Making connections and interacting with other writers and readers is my favorite. The inline comments make me laugh, cry and everything in between.

BCM: What motivated you to write the story you're submitting to the 2022 Wattys?

rubyranawrites: The idea popped up after three main events: the pandemic hitting hard, seeing the muse for the FMC on Instagram, and a discussion with my family about genetic diseases which lead to research about childhood trauma and selective mutism. It took me much longer to write than expected because there were some themes that hit close to home, but supportive writer-friends and readers helped me see it to the end.

BCM: If you had to describe your story in three words, what would they be?

rubyranawrites: Sweet, steamy and angsty.

BCM: Tell us one thing about your writing process that has helped you the most.

rubyranawrites: Staying organized in plotting. I'm a plonster 🤣 so it often goes awry, but the more I plan, usually the better it goes. I'm also a mosaic writer so scenes don't come to me in chronological order. Getting the plot points down helps me visualize where the story is going and how. If I don't do it, the ideas get lost in my head forever.

BCM: Can you give us two Wattpad recommendations?

rubyranawrites: Hold Me Close by _MegFischer and The Widower by Orchid_27

Thank you, rubyranawrites. We wish you all the best in your writing endeavors.

We're having such fun. More chats are on the way.

 More chats are on the way