Taylor Romagnoli

The Bootcamp Mentors are proud to present a spotlight interview with moonraess Check out this writer's works and give them a shout out in the comments. 

BCM: What motivated you to become a Bootcamp Mentor and what have you found most valuable about the program?

Taylor: I find it incredibly fulfilling to help someone when it's something you're both passionate about, and I'm a proponent of the phrase "iron sharpens iron" - my mentee has been helping me just as much as I've been helping her, and I find that really rewarding.

BCM:  What prompted you to start writing on Wattpad and what do you like most about the platform?

Taylor: I honestly have no idea hahaha. It's like a blank space in my memory, and the next thing I know I'm regularly posting and sharing and interacting with people. I was going through a lot in my life at the time I starting writing my first book, and it felt weirdly therapeutic to share it with people. That's probably what I do love about Wattpad the most is the ability to share your work and have it impact someone.

BCM:  Tell us one thing about your writing process that you've incorporated into your mentoring.

Taylor: This maybe isn't part of my writing process necessarily, but rather something I've contributed based on my own experiences. I tend to weave in elements of mental health as well as addiction and substance abuse in my own stories, and I was able to provide my mentee helpful info and sensitivity read on that subject matter because of my own experiences which is helping enhance her story even more.

BCM: If you had to describe your mentee's story in three words, what would they be?

Taylor:  Lovely, musical, romantic

BCM:  Will you be entering a story into the 2022 Wattys? If so, what motivated you to write the story?

Taylor:  I am not entirely sure I'll be entering this story, but my only eligible one is my completed teen fiction BLIND AMBITION. I took my love of football and my passion for telling stories about mental health and smashed them together to create a story from a unique perspective, and one I'm very proud of.

BCM:  Share two Wattpad story recommendations.

Taylor: Apex by w1ldflow3r if you want a good mystery/thriller, and The Difference Between Getting and Needing by sabbbycat if you want a witty, contemporary new adult story.

Thank you, Taylor. We wish you all the best in your writing endeavors.

Watch this space for more spotlight interviews.