jspruill1130

The Bootcamp Mentors are proud to present a spotlight interview with jspruill1130 author of The Alpha's Huntress. Check out this writer's work and give them a shout out in the comments. 

BCM: How did you discover the Bootcamp Mentors and what have you found most valuable about this Wattpad community program?

jspruill1130: I saw the advertisement for the Bootcamp Mentor program on the homepage of Wattpad. Being a part of the Bootcamp Mentorship program has taught me many new things. I am learning so much from my mentor. I have a science degree in nutrition and dietetics, not a writing degree, so there were a few fundamental writing corrections that needed to be made to work. However, my mentor has helped me correct those and teaches me something new every time we work together.

BCM: What prompted you to start writing on Wattpad and what do you like most about the platform as a writer?

jspruill1130: I started writing on Wattpad to share my work with the public. No one had ever read my writing before other than family, so this was an opportunity to share my work and get feedback. The thing I like most about Wattpad is the feedback and comments. Readers can offer advice about the plot and tell you what they like and don't like. Wattpad is like having a constant flow of beta readers.

BCM: What motivated you to write the story you're submitting to the 2023 Wattys?

jspruill1130: Shifter romances are not uncommon, but often in these books, the female is very submissive. I wanted a female main character with grit and strength who could put the alpha in his place. I also love a good enemies to lovers book, and nothing screams enemies to lovers like a lycan alpha and the woman who hunts their kind.

BCM:. If you had to describe your story in three words, what would they be?

jspruill1130: Gripping Strength Overcoming

BCM: Tell us one thing about your writing process that has helped you the most.

jspruill1130: Life often gets busy, and I have a full-time job, so sticking to a writing schedule has helped me. When I write, I often post a chapter release schedule in my books and stick to it. That way, I have something to keep me accountable and ensure that I write weekly to keep up with my schedule. It's not much and not something that overwhelms me. I normally promise about two chapters per week, which I found I could easily stick to.

BCM: Share two Wattpad story recommendations.

jspruill1130: The Accidental Duchess by littleLo and The Collector by DarlaCassic

Thank you, jspruill1130. We wish you all the best in your writing endeavors.

More BCM spotlight interviews are on the way!