LJRae0328

The Bootcamp Mentors are proud to present a spotlight interview with LJRae0328 author of Found In Darkness. Check out this writer's works and give them a shout out in the comments. 

BCM: How did you discover the Bootcamp Mentors and what have you found most valuable about the program?

LJRae: I came across the Bootcamp Mentors when I was reading another book on writing tips and the profile came up as a recommendations I would like.

What I've found most valuable is the honest and helpful critique/feedback you get from the Bootcamp admin's, published authors/mentors and Wattpad Stars that all participate in the program. Having the ability to pick their brain and receive their tips/knowledge so readily is really amazing because you don't have to wonder if the source is credible (not that there isn't valid information online) but their profiles/successes speak for themselves.

BCM: What prompted you to start writing on Wattpad and what do you like most about the platform as a writer?

LJRae: I started out as a reader on Wattpad at the end of 2019. I was dealing with some Postpartum after having my third baby and found myself writing down some thoughts and then it somehow turned into a story, haha 🙂

What I really love about the platform is the connections you make with fellow readers/writers around the world.

BCM: What motivated you to write the story you're submitting to the 2022 Wattys?

LJRae: Aside from reading (and my family of course) I REALLY love music. I came across a song: Wildfire by Seafret and the lyrics just really stuck with me and the line "she hit it out of the park before it had even begun" gave me an idea about an enemies to lovers trope and that's what started it 🙂

BCM: If you had to describe your story in three words, what would they be?

LJRae: Three words to describe my story: Rollercoaster, Epic, Love

BCM: Tell us one thing about your writing process that has helped you the most.

LJRae: I'd say being flexible to change or letting go has helped me during my writing process. I'm very new to this and have so much to learn, but being able to adapt to how a story changes from where I thought it would go has helped me a lot.

BCM: Share two Wattpad story recommendations.

LJRae: It's really hard to narrow it down to two 😅 but I'm going to go with the first story I found on Wattpad and fell in love with the story/series immediately: RobThier Storm and Silence (Lilly & Amby forever!) and the second recommendation is fellow Mentee Louka cheddarandcheese Shoelaces (this little hidden gem deserves more recognition! 💚)

Thank you, LJRae0328. We wish you all the best in your writing endeavors.

Don't touch that dial. There's more fun to come.

 There's more fun to come