Nicole Northwood

The Bootcamp Mentors are proud to present a spotlight interview with nicolenorthwood Check out this writer's works and give them a shout out in the comments. 

BCM: What motivated you to become a Bootcamp Mentor and what have you found most valuable about the program?

Nicole: I really wanted to be a Bootcamp Mentor so that I could share my love of writing and learning with my mentees! Sharing new skills and getting to be a part of story development is something I enjoy, and I knew that working in the program would help hone my own skills while providing support to other writers. It only felt natural to apply to become a mentor!

BCM: What prompted you to start writing on Wattpad and what do you like most about the platform?

Nicole: I started writing on Wattpad about 7 years ago after finding the website during an internet search. I was looking for somewhere to post original fiction, as previously I had posted on a fanfiction website. It didn't feel quite like the right spot for me any more, so I did a quick Google and Wattpad came up. It felt like the perfect place to join and share my new work. I love the community and meeting other writers and readers. It's something truly special about the platform.

BCM: Tell us one thing about your writing process that you've incorporated into your mentoring.

Nicole: I try my best to make mentoring as personal for the mentee as possible, which is something I do for my stories as well. Each story I write requires a little bit of a different process, and I think that each writer learns in their own way and at their own speed. I've tried to incorporate that into my mentoring style so that mentees feel heard and listened to while they're learning, and (hopefully!) don't get overwhelmed.

BCM: You've chosen to mentor two writers, if you had to describe your mentees' stories in three words, what would they be?

Nicole: Both my mentees have written stories that are deep, engaging, and intriguing. I love the similarities and the differences in their writing styles, and I picked them both because I was hoping we could all learn from one another and provide support and different worldviews to the storytelling experience.

BCM: Will you be entering a story into the 2022 Wattys? If so, what motivated you to write the story?

Nicole: Not this year! I don't have anything ready to share that isn't on the way toward publication.

BCM: Share two Wattpad story recommendations.

Nicole: Anything for the Devil written by theauroragraves  and literally any book by Hubrism

Thank you, Nicole. We wish you all the best in your writing endeavors.

There's more spotlight goodness coming your way.