bookofawriter

The Bootcamp Mentors are proud to present a spotlight interview with bookofawriter author of Book Of You & I. Check out this writer's works and give them a shout out in the comments. 

BCM:    How did you discover the Bootcamp Mentors and what have you found most valuable about the program?

bookofawriter: I discovered the program through the "Wattys Experience 2022" webinar. I have found that getting involved in a community of like-minded writers who also wish to grow is the best way to learn.

BCM:  What prompted you to start writing on Wattpad and what do you like most about the platform as a writer?

bookofawriter: It all started in March 2020 (yes, *that* month). I found myself with too much time in my hands, yet it felt as if something was missing, as if I was supposed to be doing something with that time. So, after being off Wattpad since 2017, I went back to reading. I found so many wonderful and new stories, stories that I lost myself in, but I still felt lost. And then something clicked: I have my own stories to tell. That is what's so wonderful about Wattpad: it's the perfect place to read and tell stories, to get inspired.

BCM:  What motivated you to write the story you're submitting to the 2022 Wattys?

bookofawriter: Full disclosure: I submitted Book of You & I  last year and didn't even make the shortlist. And that's okay, because that gave me time to grow, learn, and work on my story a little more.

BCM:  If you had to describe your story in three words, what would they be?

bookofawriter: Friendship, heartwarming, immersive.

BCM: Tell us one thing about your writing process that has helped you the most.

bookofawriter: What has worked best for me is the advice my dad gave me during my biggest writer's block (this also works for me because I'm a plotter): set a writing schedule and stick to it. Even if you feel uninspired, just sit down and write, and the words will come eventually. And, hey, you can always go back to it later 😉

BCM:  Share two Wattpad story recommendations.

bookofawriter: Please Remember Me written by my absolute favorite writer and friend jerimariee  (you will cry, this is your only warning ): 

Drink Me by my bestie and the queen of tension SkyJWright 

Thank you, bookofawriter. We wish you all the best in your writing endeavors.

Keep it locked on this channel for more interviews.