Chapter Six

The room itself was lovely and when Naty walked in she was met with lovely scents. She had never been to a hotel so luxurious in the states. It contained a single, king-sized bed that looked to have the most comfortable bedding set. There was also a large window with beautiful curtains she knew she could take lovely pictures in front of. A flat screen hung on the wall next to a desk with a beautiful mirror. There were bedside tables, a mini fridge, and a comfortable couch to lounge on. The closet even had a complimentary robe and pajama set!

         Everything was just so...luxurious!

          Naty felt the immediate urge to jump on the bed but decided she would take a shower and change before doing such. She put her luggage on the ground and opened it only to find that it had been gone through. A steel knife of nervousness stabbed her gut. Was that what took Fred so long? Had he been going through her stuff?

          A knock on the door captured her attention. For a moment she was frozen. The sick, gross feeling of a man touching her belongs made her unable to move. Naty felt violated and horrified. She did not sign up for that.

          The knock came again and she let out a sigh. Perhaps if it was a member of the hotel staff then she could ask them to take her items to be washed. It would be the only thing to make her feel at ease.

          Naty looked through the peep hole and found that it was not hotel staff but two women with masks on. She called out, "Who is it?"

          "Fred said he told you we'd stop by," one of them answered.

          Oh, it was a different kind of staff.

          Naty opened the door and stepped to the side so they could enter, "Good evening."

          Only one of them took off her mask in time to smile a reply to her. They walked into the room as if it belonged to them. Naty felt like an intruder on their private space. She shut the door and reminded herself that she had been asked to be there. She had been invited. That made her welcome.

         "So, I am Ashley," the one that smiled spoke as she sat down on one side of the couch.

          "I'm Tara," the other one spoke as she took off her mask, "And you're the famous Natalia Higuera."

          "I wouldn't say I'm famous. It's nice to meet you," Naty immediately noticed the two had accents like Chan's. She took the chair that belonged to the desk to avoid sitting on her bed with airport clothes, "Fred said you would be here in an hour."

          "Right, we thought it better if we got a chance to talk to you immediately," Tara spoke with a tone that seemed to imply that she was not very pleased.

          "I'm sure Chris broke the news that we uncovered your little plan," Ashley, though nicer, seemed just as upset as Tara.

          Naty furrowed her brows, "What plan? He just asked me to come and said he would pay for the travel arrangements. I didn't know it would be an issue."

          The two looked at one another. It seemed as if they were trying to determine if they should believe Naty. Tara did not, "That sounds very likely."

          "It's true. If my being here is an issue then I'll just leave. I'll find another hotel room somewhere else and just go to the shows," Naty was already fed up.

          "Let's not go that far," Ashley's tone softened, "You have to understand that we had no idea you would be coming. The Kids tried to get a few people here behind our backs. No one knew you would even be here until this morning. It wasn't until we realized a few rooms on the floor were booked by strangers that we were able to do some damage control."