Chapter Thirty-Nine

The restaurant was on the fifty-first floor of the building which meant a long ride in an elevator with a large window to the city. Naty recorded their ascent with enthusiasm while Bang Chan stood off to the side to watch her joy. After the twentieth floor, Chan joined in on the fun and began recording as well though from a different angle. It seemed the best course of action since, left to their own devices, the two would have stared at one another the whole way up.

          When the elevator doors opened a stunning woman stood to formally greet them by name. In her hands appeared to be two menus that she held like a bouquet of flowers. She looked to her side and immediately a—very well dressed—gentleman came to take their coats from them. A server then appeared with two drinks that appeared to have, at one point, been water though color and fruit changed that. Naty and Bang Chan took the drinks with graciousness before following the original woman into the restaurant.

          Hard wood floors and a rounded ceiling of lights lead them through the lobby. At first glance, it almost appeared to be inspired by a train station though with much more refinery. The biggest difference was the full wall of windows at their left and the full rock, waterfall at their right. The whole right wall had a pond of various flowers and fishes which, along with the gentle sound of the waterfall, made everything feel so relaxing. Naty wondered why there were no seats arranged in this area but she supposed that it added to the mystique.

          At the end of the lobby, the woman opened the door and walked them into a small dark room the size of a coat closet. A single light hung from the ceiling that concerned Naty to the point she reached to her side for Chan's hand. He grasped it immediately and filled her with a sense of warmth and security.

          Until the room began to move and Naty suddenly realized it was another elevator.

          Naty wanted to ask where they were going but felt it would embarrass Bang Chan. She kept her mouth shut and waited until the room finally stopped and the woman opened the door on the other side of the elevator. Naty could not hide her gasp.

          The entire ceiling and left side of the building was made of glass to show off the beautiful night of Seoul. The restaurant itself had very few booths and tables; all of which were set against the wall to look out into the city life. The center was left open for maneuverability around the live band that played with classical instruments as a lovely woman sang sweet, romantic tunes. The entire right wall was fashioned into an open kitchen that showed everything being prepared fresh. The lighting on the floor was intimate with lamps like orbs that reflected the night sky.

          The woman lead them to a table at the center of the glass wall and handed them their menus before leaving with a promise of returning. Naty looked to the menu and saw her full name written in Hangul at the top. It appeared to be a seven-course meal with the meals planned ahead.

          "So...what do you think?" Chan looked to her with nervous excitement building under his skin.

          "This is incredible..." Naty couldn't believe her eyes as she looked around the restaurant once again, "I've never seen anything like it. I've never been anywhere like it. This is...stunning."

          The man reached over to take her hand, "I came here for a business meeting and knew I had to bring you. I thought you'd like it. People from all over the world come here. It may not look it but it's very private. The way they set up the lights and the distance between tables? You can't even see who's here."

          Naty glanced around and realized it was true. Though she could see people were there she couldn't see any features of who they were. The woman quite liked that.