Chapter Fifty-Seven

Accepted.

          It was the first time in her relationship with Bang Chan that Naty truly felt accepted by the members of Stray Kids. She knew they approved of her. At the very least, they did not absolutely hate or despise her. Naty assumed they enjoyed how she treated Bang Chan and that she made him happy. Of the group she imagined Seungmin and Felix were a bit warmer to her but wasn't positive how the others felt.

          It took the performance for Naty to realize she was accepted.

          "You did such a good job! I think we can just replace Bang Chan with you now," Hyunjin boasted.

          "DanceRacha! She should be part of DanceRacha!" Jeongin laughed.

          "I don't know about that. I doubt Lee Know would let me join that easily," Naty felt her face growing hotter.

          "You're right," Lee Know's face had a serious expression until it cracked into a smile, "We need three more performances! Come on! Let's get back up there!"

          Naty looked to the small stage they had just emerged from in horror which made the group laugh. The topic of Bang Chan continued and needing to use the bathroom suddenly surfaced in the middle of their positive interaction which brought the woman's mind to two points of focus. While, yes, she did wish her boyfriend had seen and wished he was present...her mind was completely occupied.

          The first point of focus was: Donna completely set her up!

          Naty could not make excuses for the woman's behavior anymore. That was mean! Naty's heart still did not recover from the moment she realized she was on that stage alone. If it weren't for the rest of Stray Kids coming to the rescue she would have lost it! Naty could just imagine the eyes of the Idols watching. It would definitely result in her embarrassment and worse! It could have turned into a huge scandal that would have serious repercussions on Bang Chan and Stray Kids.

          There was no reason for that at all!

          Naty was angry.

          The sound of laughter and jovial expressions felt distant in place of the roaring inside of her bones. It had been a while since she had felt the intensity of this kind of anger. This kind of anger was dangerous to Naty with how it burned up her rational thinking and churned an inferno at the pit of her stomach—

          —which brought her to the second focus: the bathroom!

          The woman excused herself and rushed to the long hallway she bad become very familiar with. Naty had felt nauseated standing on that stage alone but the adrenaline washed it all away. Being in the moment, being focused on the Kids, the lyrics, the dance moves forced her out of what her body felt and into the vibes of the group around her. The end of the song brought the sick feelings all back. Naty felt a strong mixture of needing to vomit and needing to pee that she could not hold any longer—

          —but, of course, she had to.

          A line to the women's and nonbinary bathroom blocked her immediate route. Naty felt the twisting of her guts and the squeezing of her bladder stronger than the bass of the music. The thought of waiting on that line was completely unimaginable and yet she had no other options. Donna's little set up would not cause the scandal. Naty's inability to hold her bodily functions would be the cause of her own destruction—

          —unless she could find an alternative.

          The men's room appeared wide open. Naty felt herself immediately decline the idea but the spasm in her body made it clear she could not ignore the possibility. The eyes of the individuals down the hall were forward on the door to their respective bathrooms and the lights were just dim enough to not see any faces unless staring.