Chapter Twenty-Nine

"No, no, no," Naty grumbled.

          "Yes, yes, yes," Chan replied.

          The little disagreement was sparked by Naty's desire to make Bang Chan stay with her all day. She pretended to be utterly exhausted and unable to open her eyes. He seemed to love her desperate pleas for more cuddles and more sleep and so she continued to plead. The two remained huddled in the bed though Chan was fully dressed in his all-black uniform. The sweater he wore added an extra layer of warmth for Naty to curl into.

          "I have an idea for tonight," Chan smiled as he caressed Naty's face, "It will make up for not being able to have lunch today."

          "Don't remind me," Naty groaned.

          He laughed, "I'm sorry but there's so much to do. The schedules just aren't lining up."

          "Hmph," Naty pouted before peaking her eyes open with a smile, "What's your idea?"

          "It's Friday and the Kids want to celebrate. Let's all go to a noraebang?"

          "You want me to go to a noraebang with professionally trained singers?"

          That laugh came again like an angel's choir, "We'll have fun!"

          "Fine, fine. But I won't sing," Naty humphed.

          "You have to sing. You have a lovely voice. The Natinators agree."

          "Don't call them that!" she swatted at him playfully. Since she hit one million followers Chan had insisted she choose a name for her followers. He had been workshopping different ideas but settled on 'Natinators' the past few months.

          "I'll stop when you find your own name," he kissed the top of her head, "What do you think, though? Noraebang with the Kids? It's a nice place we know. Only celebrities go there."

          "Mmmm," Naty was still uncertain.

          "Come on. We'll have fun! You can sing all the songs you did back at your old noraebang," he rocked them both cheerfully.

          "I only sing BTS songs."

          "Haha, well, you'll just have to add one Stray Kids song tonight," he smiled happily.

          "Sing a Stray Kids song in front of Stray Kids? No way!" Naty sat up to express her point.

          "It won't be so bad. I'll sing with you," Chan took her hand between his and pressed a kiss to her knuckles, "Just think about it? I have to get going."

          Naty threw her arms around his neck as she kissed his cheek, "Have such a good day!"

          His body seemed to melt at her touch and he slumped further into her hold, "I'll try. You have a good day too. Why don't you go out and explore? Fred knows a ton of great discrete places you might like. Give him a call!"

          Somewhere in his words Chan pulled back so he could stroke her face. Naty felt herself on the verge of tears with the sudden intimate intimacy. The combination of his words—so caring and eager for her to go explore on her own journey regardless of him—and his hands—so sweet with only the desire to be gentle with her—seemed to fill her with so much love she felt on the verge of overflowing.

          "Are you okay?" His thumb lightly caressed her chin.

          "I just feel so..." she smiled sheepishly, "I'm sorry. Maybe subconsciously I've been feeling like I should stay here while you're at work so we can go out and share South Korea together. It just feels nice that you want me to go out and explore with or without you. It's nice that you want me to have my own experiences."