Chapter Sixty

A/N: I would like to give a major shoutout to @the_undecided_J. A statement from a comment made by this user on November 05, 2022 in Chapter Forty-One is used. That statement was just so iconic I had to incorporate it. I had always planned on this chapter but that sentence just summed up a thousand words into one amazing sentence. Also this chapter ended up being much longer than I anticipated so though I promised Naty will get with it in this chapter...it will have to be the next! Sorry! Please enjoy!

          Bang Chan and Naty were late.

          But, by Tara's standards, so was everyone else.

          "Are you seriously showing up here exactly at eight? Do you know how serious this is? You should at least be here fifteen minutes early?" Tara scolded as the nine individuals shuffled into the conference room.

          Though Naty was at the back of the group she could still catch a brief glimpse of Ashley cautioning Tara to simmer down before speaking to the members, "You didn't have to stop at Starbucks. You know we were going to order breakfast when you got here."

          The eight members of Stray Kids muttered their sleepy apologies as they trudged in one after another. Naty could hear the voices of each person from the rear of the moving line. She opted to walk behind Bang Chan who kept his hand behind him so that she could hold onto it. The man mumbled conversation with Seungmin in front of him while Naty took the time to appreciate the aspects of the JYP building. It was her first time at the company and it was a shame she could not enjoy it. Already there were so many familiar sights that she ached to explore yet she understood exploring would have to be saved for later.

          "You guys are moving like the dead. I swear you have more energy on your 5 o'clock mornings!" Tara grunted angrily.

          "Our 5 o'clock mornings actually have importance!"

          "There is nothing for us to go over!"

          "You just want to torture us!"

          More retorts and roasts were thrown at the two women but Naty could not hear it all.

          She was too busy stepping through the threshold and being amazed by the immediately recognizable conference room. The long oval table, the white walls, the swivel chairs had all been part of some of the most iconic group lives in SKZ history. The woman felt an immediate desire to gush about the lives that came to mind or ask questions or plead for a tour of the whole JYP building but she was forced into silence. It was not the time to enjoy such an incredible moment. It was not the time to ask where in the building the iconic hide-and-seek took place or to see any of the dance rooms. It was time to focus.

          Despite Tara and Ashley's words, the members of Stray Kids moved to take their seats at a relaxed pace. Many members brought with them bags that seemed to contain snacks and drinks designed to last an undisclosed amount of time. They all appeared prepared.

          They also all appeared...not that concerned?

          Even Bang Chan had the same chill aura that the other members carried. It was clear the man only felt concern for Naty but not for the actual scandals themselves. The woman wondered how many times something of the sort had occurred. She only recalled what had happened in L.A. but that time seemed much more serious. Naty wondered if that was an outlier or if the relationship reveal meant the men cared less for scandals since that was the biggest one and it turned out well...ish.

          "Here," Bang Chan took a seat at the head of the table and pulled the seat to his right close so that they were together.

           Naty couldn't help but smile as she took the seat beside him, "Thanks."