Chapter Forty-Five

The morning was as it always was with Bang Chan.

          Naty gave half-hearted pleas for him to stay while Bang Chan gave half-hearted reasons to go. The woman wanted him to remain with her the rest of the day but knew he had to leave. The man felt the same way. There was the promise of returning for lunch though. Bang Chan offered an additional promise of bringing something extra delicious for them both to enjoy.

          The woman spent her day doing her yoga, dance class, and talking with her best friends. She was happy to see that Soojin's following was growing and even had some reels that were in the 10k range. The two came up with additional ideas for her to grow her audience. Naty found it so odd how excited she became when helping Soojin and her Instagram. It seemed to her the growth of her own account had made her forget the thrill of starting out and getting more than 10 likes on a picture. She was happy to share that with one of her best friends.

          Naty also spent her time researching KeumPu for the jewelry ad that would be the following day. She recalled what Soojin said about them being critical of foreigners and so wanted to get herself on the right footing. Though she found nothing negative about them, she did see that they seemed to exclusively align themselves with Korean born and bred celebrities. Their favorite Idol of the moment was Irene of Red Velvet which was noted by their social media congratulating her on various things. Naty researched outfit and makeup styles so she could walk in with an aura of Irene in the hopes of reducing as much criticism as possible.

          But all of that went to the backburner when Bang Chan arrived.

          As soon as the man walked through the door the two had their arms around each other. They kissed and laughed as Chan tried his best to take off his shoes without letting go of Naty or the food. The woman took the food from him while she continued to give pecks across his face. There was so much incredible warmth in their reunion that Naty found herself mesmerized by how lucky she was. She was so happy to see him she didn't even care about the gross perfume smell!

          The two finally departed as Chan took off his bookbag and placed it gently off to the side, "I got food from this place near the studio I hope you like. Have you ever mandu?"

          "Oh, I love mandu," Naty peeked into the bag as she walked to the dining area. She already had place settings for them and water to drink. She put the bag on the table and began to remove the items in the takeout boxes.

          "Good, this is my favorite restaurant to get them from," he was right behind her with his sweater removed and his hands on her hips as he "helped" her to get the food on the table.

          Naty laughed and swatted him away before sitting down herself, "How has your day been so far? How is the secret artist?"

         Chan let out a deep, exasperated breath.

          "That bad?" Naty laughed.

          "Yeah, kinda, sorta that bad. But Changbin and Jisung have been a real rock," Chan began to open the containers and portioning out the shares on each plate.

          "Wow, this all smells amazing!" Naty couldn't help but to exclaim before responding to his statement, "How long do you think until you're done with all of this?"

          "Who knows, honestly? We got into a big...disagreement? I guess you can call it? I thought we needed another take...they disagreed," Chan shook his head, "Anyway, they're taking the day off but I'm not too worried. I'm really close to finishing the single and the company seems to be pleased."