Chapter Thirty-Two

Twenty-one individuals in total were present in the noraebang which was much bigger than any she had ever heard of. There was an open bar in the room, round tables pushed together, and even food that could be ordered at any time. It was clear that most of the people present had already begun drinking which made introductions difficult. Chan whispered the names of everyone she met along with surprise that they were in attendance. Naty felt completely blindsided.

          Of the people she knew, there was I.N., Seungmin, Hyunjin, Felix, Lee Know, Changbin, Han, Tara, Ashley, and, surprisingly, Sungwon who she had met in L.A. with JK. She was happy to meet Wooyoung from Ateez who promised that more individuals would be joining them. The rest were a combination of models, song writers, designers, new actors, producers, and even a chef.

          "I'm sorry, I really didn't know this many people would be here. It was supposed to be quiet," Chan rubbed Naty's arms gently as if trying to massage the anxiety out of her.

          "It's okay, it's okay, it's okay," Naty smiled as best as she could. She had only recently become comfortable around the Kids but adding new people made her nervous again. She didn't want to do anything wrong.

          "Naty, it's so good to see you again! How is Leslie treating you?" Tara came up to Naty with so much more kindness and warmth than she had ever before.

          "She's treating me well," Naty smiled, looking to Chan for help. His only reply was a curious shrug.

          "Good, she's so great and really on the up and up. You both are perfect for each other," Tara lifted her hand to show that she was holding two shots, "I know Chan is a buzzkill but would you like to join me?"

          "I..." she looked to Chan briefly before looking back to Tara with a smile, "Sure. I'll give it a try."

          "Woohoo! I knew you were fun!" Tara shouted as she handed Naty the shot.

          Naty took it between her hands, "Is there a chas—"

          Before she could ask for a chaser the woman lifted the drink to Naty's lips. The only thing she could do was swallow it whole and try not to make the burn too obvious. Tara laughed, "You're such a baby! It's like you've never drank before!"

          "Coke!" was Naty's only reply.

          Chan ran off to the open bar in search of her request but suddenly Minho was at their side. His face was soft, jovial, red, and warm as he danced his steps toward them with three shots in his hands, "Naty, welcome to Korea. Chan hyung, has been talking about you for so long. I'm happy you're here to shut him up."

          "Oh...I'm happy to help," Naty wasn't sure what he meant by the sentiment but past experience promised that he was being kind.

          "Is that for us!" Tara shouted, grabbed the shots from him before he could answer.

          "No, that was for Han and S—"

          "Thank you," she smiled as she handed one to Naty.

          "I don't know if I..."

          "Come on," Tara once again lifted the shot as she and Minho swallowed theirs.

          Naty followed their direction with the same reaction she had previously but, thankfully, a can of Coca Cola was thrusted before her. She took it immediately to quell the burning down her esophagus before turning to Bang Chan and his amused expression. He took the empty glasses from her to put down on a table, "Looks like you're having fun already!"