Chapter Forty-Three

The second segment required an adjustment to the set. The food was taken away—presumably for the staff later—along with the table. The seats the two women had sat on were replaced with stools which Naty assumed would be beneficial somehow. A small table was placed between the two stools that, finally, was accented with the signature red button that Chae had used for many of her previous segments.

          Naty hit the button a few times to make sure it worked—it did.

          The set was not the only adjustment needed for the segment. Chae herself had left and only returned when she had changed her outfit. The woman looked reminiscent of Winter from the 'Life's Too Short' music video. Naty found the change both confusing and impressive. She knew she would be learning further on the group to avoid any more surprises like the 'Woojin Thing.'

          "Okay, okay, okay!" Chae sang over the din of her crew organizing as she walked out from her dressing room, "I am ready for the next segment!"

          "You have a delivery!" the sound of Chae's assistant cut the noise as she emerged into the studio. The production team suddenly let out sounds of amazement.

          Chae shouted happily, "She never disappoints!"

          Naty had already been sitting in position and so needed to stand to see beyond the equipment but had to do a double take.

          Roses—all she could see were roses in place of Chae's assistant.

          Naty couldn't believe it!

          The assistant's hands were visible around a large black cylinder which seemed to be the container of hundreds of beautiful red roses. Naty's surprise must have been more audible than she thought because Chae suddenly looked to her with a laugh, "A gift from a wonderful, wonderful friend."

          "Friend or friend?" Naty joked as she walked from her seat to Chae and the roses.

          "You actually already know her," Chae took a deep breath of the roses before pulling back with something she grabbed from the cylinder.

          "Really?"

          Chae brought the something up by her cheek to reveal a heart-shaped tag that accentuated Chae's own heart-shaped face. Naty was almost two distracted by that to read the name on the tag but she did. In beautiful script she read, "Donna."

          "Oh, yeah! I just met her this weekend," Naty smiled cheerfully despite feeling unsettled with how Chae also knew that.

          "Me and Donna are good friends," she leaned in to let her assistant know she should take the roses to her dressing room before continuing on with Naty, "About a year and half now. She's been doing this since we bonded over my traumatic break up in January. Every Monday she gets me flowers. It's so sweet."

          "That is sweet," Naty was reminded of Donna claiming that Chan would be afraid she was flirting and Chan also stating Donna had a reputation. She wondered if this was part of that but didn't want to ask, "I'm sorry you had a traumatic break up though."

          Chae grabbed one of the roses before her assistant could get away, "Don't worry about it. He was an idiot soloist who left me for an office worker. Who cares. They're dead to me."

          "I—"

          "Come on! Back to work!" the woman stormed to the stools.

           Naty could do nothing else but follow.

The Prince of K-Pop || Bang Chan FFजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें