Chapter Sixty-Nine

It was an earlier morning than Naty would have enjoyed but it was a lovely morning nonetheless. It had only been a few days without the pleasure of seeing Chan in the early light but it was enough that Naty found herself mesmerized by his sleepy features. The puffiness of his bareface, the drooping of his tired eyes, the laziness of his smile that took its time to grow just as the sun took its time to rise. Chan's adorable, messy hair was the cherry on top of the already delicious sundae that was the leader of Stray Kids in the morning. Naty was desperate to dig in.

          And dig in she did.

          The best thing about waking up with Chan was how affectionate he was. Naty had dated people that could not bother to be touched. She had dated people that seemed to be repulsed by any sort of contact first thing in the morning and often shunned her for her desire for it. Chan, though, was just as needy as Naty was upon waking under the morning light. The two happily clung together with Chan initiating all the holding as if Naty's warmth were the only thing that could help him face the sun.

          The woman would have accepted exploring every inch of the bed as the fun Saturday Chan had planned but that dream was shot down the instant they stepped off the mattress. Chan had a full day planned outside in Seoul with the first part of his plan being that the two find disguises for each other. The man promised it would be a fun couple activity to dress each other up and that he would not pick out anything she didn't like.

          He lied.

          "Oh, come on! You look cute!"

          Naty did not agree.

          The two stood in the same elevator but they were not on the same level. Chan held his phone up at arm's length as he recorded the both of them and their outfits while Naty could do nothing but grimace at her own reflection. The man's laughter filled the descending box which only seemed to increase in volume as he zoomed in on her face.

          "I look..." Naty simply gestured to the clothes which sent Chan in another fit of giggles.

          "Come on," Chan motioned to himself then glanced to his recording phone, "Look at what I'm wearing! Do you think I love this?"

          Naty couldn't stop herself from smiling, "No, but you can pull anything off. You're hot!"

          "And you?" the man suddenly finished recording as he gently took hold of her chin with is free hand, "You are gorgeous. I think you look incredible. Even if you never wear anything like this again."

          "Good, I probably won't."

          Once again, he was laughing.

          It wasn't that Naty didn't like it. She imagined if she saw someone else wearing the exact same thing then she would think they looked awesome. It was just that she felt alien in the clothes. It did not fit her style and it did not fit what she imagined she looked like. She felt different, odd, not herself and felt as though the clothes were wearing her rather than she wearing them. She admitted that part of her disinterest in the outfit was from the odd mood that had taken over her the second she stepped out of bed but still.

          She just did not like how she looked.

          The style Chan chose for her was one she would describe as 'e-girl.' The outfit was a combination of his clothes and hers which heightened some of her confusion. One of his black long-sleeves tucked into a black pleated skirt she had with one of her thick belts to sinch it all in. The longest pair of black socks she could find accentuated her legs along with a pair of her black platforms which was all held together by one of Bang Chan's large black cardigans. For the hair and make-up, Chan asked for two long braids and the severe winged eyeliner that went with the look.