Chapter 26. The confession

I like to thank all the people who keep voting for me and keeps reading my story. Thank you very much guys.

Knightly's P.O.V

I couldn't believe what i was hearing when Mike told us that he didn't know when Micah would be back. "He didn't tell me he was leaving when i met him this morning Mike. When did he decide to go to Fresno?" i asked him. Mike just looked at me and didn't answer.

I could feel Star coming out by his demeanor so i quickly tried to calm him down before he made things worse. "Star please calm down. It's not his fault that Micah left. It's ours"  "I'm sorry Knigh but i really want to see Micah and he's standing in our way" Star growled in the back of my mind. I tried to calm him down once again" Star he's Micah's father he only wants what's best for his son so please control yourself and be patient"

Star calmed down and laid down. I looked Mike in his eyes and said "Mike you got to understand it's important that we see him as soon as possible". Mike sighed and said "I know what you guys are Knightly so i know i'm treading in dangerous waters here but i have to know why you're looking for my son at this hour when you've already rejected him".

My eyes widened when i heard that. So they already knew what we were when they invited us in their home. Micah probably told them he confessed to me and i rejected him. That's one more reason to love Micah even more. This shows how honest he is to his parents.

I had to be honest to them now too and confess everything to them. This is my last chance. I took a deep breath and said "Micah is my mate". I heard Lidia gasp by my revelation but Mike just stood there without showing any emotions.

He stared at me for a while and it looked like he was thinking about something. Suddenly he's whole demeanor changed and he looked disappointed. "Why did you reject my son Knightly. Did you think he wasn't good enough for you?" he asked me in a callous tone.

I quickly went to stand in front of him and said "No, no, no Mike it's the opposite. I couldn't be happier with a mate like Micah. Micah has been there for us since we met him six years ago. Micah probably doesn't know this but we have been looking for him for the past six years because we really wanted to meet him again. He doesn't know this but he saved us that day. 

We were lost and broken and he came as a light in our dark lives. Our lives changed because we met him. He's the reason of what we are today and i realized that i've been in love with him since the first time i saw him. He's like the air i breathe and when he's not with me i get anxious and my heart aches to see him. He means a lot to Lilith, Connor and me so please tell us where he is Mike"

Mike looked in my eyes and asked me "If he means so much to you. Why did you reject him Knightly". I put my head down and told him "I rejected him because there have never been a human mate in our pack history and i wanted to be honest to my mate. I know how stupid i've been Mike and i'm suffering the consequences now"

Looking at my dejected figure Mike came and put his hands on my shoulders. "We understand Knightly because were not fully humans ourselves but that's a story for another time. Thank you  for loving my son this much everybody" he said while looking at Connor and Lilith.

 I quickly looked up and said" I'm sorry for rejecting your son Mike. I couldn't believe my wolf when he told me Micah could be my mate because as you know the moon goddess hasn't been very generous to us throughout the years and now i'm afraid that he'll reject me because i broke his heart"

Mike smiled at me and said "Knightly, my son is very strong and he understands why you rejected him so tell him the truth when he comes home later. He'll be happy to see you ". Star yipped when he heard those words and my whole body started to relax then i remembered i didn't know what to say to him when i see him and i started losing my mind again.