Chapter 62. Micah's mission

Micah's P.O.V

My father came to see me after Knightly left for his office. I was surprised to see him because i knew that he was busy preparing for the upcoming war. The realm of angels was likely to get attacked too if the war broke out and he wanted to be ready for it. I was just getting out of the spare room after checking on Kingsley when i saw my father standing in the hallway.

I smiled at my father and greeted him with "Hi dad" but my father just replied with "Micah, i need your help. I'm sorry for asking you in a time like this but i'm afraid that you and Mattew are the only one that can handle this. Mattew is now busy tracking a group of demons in Texas. It looks like that they were active for years in Texas and nobody even noticed it not even us. And honestly speaking i think you're the only one that can handle a mission like this. Mattew is strong but he's not a quick thinker like you and i have no other choice than to this now because i don't know how many more demons are roaming free on earth without us noticing it".

I put my head down when i heard all that and started thinking about the children. My father was right this wasn't a good time for me to go on a mission this dangerous. The twins were just born and i hadn't had the chance to bond with them because of the curse. And there was still the situation with Eliza's baby. The pup was constantly calling out to me and i was afraid of what might happen if i wasn't here.

Seeing how quiet i was my father added "Micah, i know you realized that this mission is dangerous but we have to do this now because we can't go to war without knowing the strength of our enemy". I shook my head at my father when i heard him say that and asked him "What is this mission exactly about dad?"

My father sighed and said "To infiltrate the enemy base in the hope to find out what their plans are and how great their numbers are". My breath hitched when i heard that and i clenched my fists. "Dad, you know that a mission like this will likely take me months to complete right then why are you asking me to do this. What about my children Kingsley will probably understand because he's used to it but what about the twins. They are still to young and aren't even used to my scent yet so how do you expect me to leave them like this" i said to my father while frowning at him.

My father took a step forward and put his hands on my shoulders. He then looked in my eyes and said "Micah, they're my grandchildren too. I would never do anything to hurt them and don't forget that they have the king's and your blood. Their powers are growing by the day just like Kingsley's and the demons will never let that go. I'm doing this to make sure that we are well prepared for the war otherwise we'll be all slaughtered because that's the consequence of going blindly to war".

I walked passed my father and went to stand in front of the conjoined crib of the twins. They were both sleeping peacefully with a smile on their faces. My heart started to ache and i thought about what my father had said. I knew my father was doing what was right but it still hurt to leave my children. I then thought to myself nothing managed to break me down yet so i'll make sure this won't either.

I then turned around to face my father and said "Knightly will surely have something to say about this but this is in his interest so he'll have to understand. I'm sure you know what's happening with him and this baby situation right now so i'll ask you to guide him when i'm gone. The children don't have a nanny right now but i'm expecting someone this afternoon. Ask mom to come by now and then to check up on the children. That's all and i'll see you this afternoon dad".

My father nodded with his head at me then disappeared and i turned around to look at my sleeping children again. I was going to make sure that this mission didn't take too much time so i could return to my children. I was happy when Sylvia came by the apartment. I was already expecting her so it was no surprise to me when she showed up. I knew i could trust her with my children because she had a pure heart and i knew that the children would sense that too especially Kingsley.