Chapter 65. Obstacles

Jeremy's P.O.V

I knew exactly who to ask to design the child care centre the moment Knightly gave me the order to build one. Chris Hawkins came to work for me right after i returned from the Darkmoon pack and has proven to me that he can be a reliable worker. Luckily for me he already knew about werewolves so i didn't have to explain to him about our world and our rules.

It looked like Chris had foster parents once that were shifters and that's the reason why he knew about our world. It was no problem for him to adjust to the other workers at my company because we already had a few humans working for us. It has always been one of Knightly's rules to never discriminate because from whatever race you might be if you're good at what you do than you deserve to be hired.

I already knew that Chris had feelings for me and my parents had warned me about it when i hired him but i didn't pay any mind to it because i knew that i already had Mattew. Mattew had been coming to see me more often now and it's not like we had a great conversation whenever he came by.

He just comes and sleeps on my sofa when i'm in my office or i see him suddenly next to me fast asleep when i wake up in the morning. I knew it's all because our sons kept calling out to me and that Mattew needed to be with me because our sons had already formed a bond with me. I never asked Mattew about anything when he visited me because i knew that he was busy with training the angels and gathering information about the demons on earth. And just as Mattew suddenly appeared he suddenly disappeared too without saying a word so i never got a chance to talk to him.

I was busy too so we were on equal footing and that's the reason why he's behavior didn't bother me as much as it should. Thinking about it i think the last time that i actually had a decent conversation with Mattew was when he came to pick up Steven Fenix. Knightly wasn't yet done with interrogating Steven Fenix and Mattew wanted to take Steven to the realm of angels as quickly as possible because he wanted to join Micah on his mission but his father talked him out of it. Mike didn't want to place Micah's life in jeopardy by sending Mattew there too so Mattew had no other choice than to agree with Mike.

I still remember that incident as clear as a day. We all had just arrived at Steven's holding cell when Mattew just appeared in front of me and asked me "Are you done with Steven Fenix because i need someone who i can vent my anger on". I looked at him in concern because i could feel in how much pain Mattew actually was at that moment. I just looked at him with a blank face and answered him with "No, were not. We just arrived here and you're welcome to join us if you want".

Hearing that Mattew just pushed me aside and walked passed me in anger. I followed Mattew and walked to Steven's holding cell with him. Knightly was just sitting down on the chair that was set up for him in front of Steven's holding cell when we walked in and he just nodded with his head at Mattew to greet him. Mattew nodded back to him and went to stand in the corner of the room.

Mattew crossed his arms and frowned at Steven when Steven smiled at him. I then heard Knightly ask Steven "Do you know who i am Steven?" Steven chuckled and replied with "Of course i know who you are. You're Knightly Silverstone the one who calls himself the king after defeating a weak and pathetic king". Knightly chuckled in response and said "Well, i can't argue with that because he really was weak and pathetic but do you think i'm weak too Steven".

Steven contemplated first how to answer Knightly's question and then said "Yes, my king. I think the only one who deserves to be called a king is Maynor." Knightly growled loudly when he heard that and yelled "That cursed name again". Steven smiled at Knightly and said "So you already heard about him. Let me tell you one more thing about him, he's twice as strong as you are and no one can defeat him".