Chapter 55. Trust

Micah's P.O.V

I had to sleep the whole day to finally feel a little bit better because i was exhausted from the night before. I thought carrying Kingsley was difficult but the twins that i was now carrying proved to be worse. They were draining my energy and i could feel that they were growing bigger by the day. I really wanted to stop working but then something alarming happens and i'm forced to rethink my decision again.

I knew it was Knightly's wish for me to stop working but it wasn't the right time to do so. I had already decided that if the twins kept draining my energy i would have no other choice than to stop working and that's the reason why i went to see my doctor. It turns out that the pups that i was carrying were growing at an alarming rate. When i asked the doctor how this could be possible he simply said that it was a result of Knightly being the werewolf king and me being so powerful.

I had already told my parents about this and they agreed to let me stop working if things became difficult. We were just done having dinner at my parent's house with the whole family when an angel suddenly came to give us the message that the archangel had called an emergency meeting and that he had requested for all of us to be there.

I couldn't take Kingsley with me so decided that it was best if i brought him back to Knightly. Knightly could watch him and make sure that Kingsley was occupied because i had a feeling that we would be going on a mission. The archangel never called a meeting suddenly so something might have happened i thought to myself while i picked up Kingsley. Kingsley immediately put his head on my shoulder and closed his eyes. I couldn't blame him because he was exhausted from the eventful day he had.

I already sensed that Knightly was still in his office and casted a spell to take me there. I didn't care to look around the room to see who was in there when i arrived because my goal was to hand over Kingsley and then to leave as soon as possible. I didn't want to make the archangel wait especially when he had called an emergency meeting.

I could feel the anger emitting from Knightly the moment i asked him to watch Kingsley for me and my anger started to boil when i heard him ask me in response "Did you know that Logan Garret sees you as his mate Micah?" I was angry because Knightly should have known that he was my mate and that i didn't care about anyone else.

My father had told me that Logan Garret had given him as his reason for being at the Silverstone pack "To look for my mate Micah Lockwood" which was a complete lie because i didn't feel any bond with him when he touched my hair. I certainly didn't care about Logan Garret or how he thought about me and Knightly shouldn't care either i thought to myself.

Logan Garret would have surely been dead by now if Lucas hadn't stopped me from snapping his neck that day because i hate being touched by someone other than Knightly. I have always been like that and Kightly should have known better than to doubt me. Doesn't he trust me i asked myself.

That's why i just said as a response in anger "And why should i care what he thinks Knightly?" Hearing that Knightly just responded to me with " You should have at least told me about it Micah" and took Kingsley out of my arms. He then walked out of the office without giving me a second glance. I didn't have time to argue with Knightly and decided to talk to him when i came back.

I was just about to cast a spell to take me to the realm of angels when i suddenly heard someone chuckle and say "So you're Micah Lockwood. No wonder everyone's fighting over you". I smiled to myself when i heard that and thought to myself i've finally found a way to release my pent up anger.

I casted a spell and immediately changed in to my true form. I then conjured my sword and turned around. There were three men kneeling down in front of Knightly's desk and by looking at them i could sense that they were high ranking werewolves. I saw the three men tremble in fear when they saw my true form and i smiled menacingly at them in response.