Chapter 59. The determination to break the curse.

Micah's P.O.V

I could clearly see how concerned Knightly became when i told him that i was going to reject the children. He was truly worried about the children's health but i had no other choice than to apply this method and i was going to take the pain of the children upon myself anyway. So before he could stop me i looked in his eyes and said "And you shouldn't meddle with it".

I could feel his anger rise the moment i uttered those words and prepared myself for his outburst. Knightly looked at me in anger and yelled "How can i not meddle with it when my children are going to be crying in pain every time you reject them Micah?"

I sighed then grabbed Knightly by his collar and pulled him closer to me to hug him. I then kissed Knightly on his mark then said "They won't feel any pain Knigh because i'm going to protect them by taking the pain upon myself".

Hearing that Knightly started shaking his head excessively at me and pushed me roughly away. He then looked at me in anger and asked me "Why can't you share your pain with me Micah am i that untrustworthy?" I quickly put my hand behind his neck and put my cheek against his cheek then answered him with "No, my love please don't think like that it's just that you're going through so much right now and i don't want to bother you with petty stuff like this".

Knightly huffed at me in anger and said while hugging me tightly "Micah, you and the kids are my everything and i will do anything for you all. I'll even decline this godforsaken title if i have to so please let me carry the pain of the twins". I smiled and started running my fingers through his hair then closed my eyes. I then put my head on Knightly's shoulder and said "Ok, my love but you have to promise me something before i do that".

Hearing that Knightly quickly replied with "Just say it love because i'll even die for you". I chuckled at him and said "I know my love but this is even more complicated than dying" I then sighed and continued with " I just don't want you to seek comfort in Eliza when you're going through the pain of rejection".

Knightly pulled away from me and asked me with a puzzled look on his face "I don't understand what Eliza has to with this and i have never felt anything for anyone other than you Micah. I have never even been attracted to anyone other than you and you know this then why are you making me promise that. And if you're still afraid after hearing this then i'll just fire her and be done with it".

I could understand Knightly's feelings because it was the same for me but i had to be cautious especially seeing how Eliza was looking at Knightly that afternoon but we couldn't fire her just yet so i said to Knightly "You can't fire her yet Knigh because i can use her to break the curse and i know why i made you promise that. Eliza is mateless and her soul purpose of coming here is to make you realize that i'm not a worthy mate. She will try something when you're weak and vulnerable. That's the reason why i didn't want to put the pain of the twins upon you because i don't trust her".

Knightly growled in anger and said "I'll kill her if she tries something". I quickly leaned in and kissed Knightly deeply to calm him down. Knightly kissed me back eagerly and when we were both out of breath i put my forehead against his forehead and said "Knightly, you won't even know what you're doing because of the pain. Take this as a chance to show me that you can control your emotions even when you face rejection from me".

I then looked in his eyes and said while caressing his lips with my thumb "Knightly Silverstone my mate, i love you so much that even if you would put me through hell time and time again i would still love you but know this. If you ever cheat on me i will first take my children away from you then destroy your whole pack because the only one who should be able to see the real you is me".

I felt Knightly shiver and he closed his eyes as a result of it. I knew that he was fighting to control his emotions because the alpha in him wouldn't let anyone threaten his children or his pack but i wasn't just anyone. I had enough off Knightly hurting me whenever things didn't go his way and that's why things needed to change drastically. We were now parents of three children and we couldn't afford to lose our heads over petty little things.