Chapter 48. Micah's resolve

Micah's P.O.V

The moment Knightly turned around to run towards the witches and the werewolf king i turned around to see if the others were free. What i saw in front of me were the faces of the same people who didn't like us and my resolve wavered. Why do i have to safe the same people who told my mate that my son and i weren't welcome at their pack i thought to myself.

I stood there looking at the thousands of werewolves that were scattered around the pack grounds and was lost in my thoughts but then i heard Kingsley say "I'm sleepy papa". I got startled hearing his voice and looked at him. I stroked my son's head and said "It will be over soon baby boy i promise".

While saying that to Kingsley i turned around and looked at Knightly. I saw that he was having trouble fighting against the witches and thought to myself i can't let this go on. I looked at Kingsley again and said "Hold on to me ok baby boy". Kingsley clutched my shirt and said "Ok papa".

I casted a spell and landed next to Mattew. Mattew was still standing in front of Jeremy who he just had freed. Mattew looked at me and asked me "How do you want to handle this Micah because if you ask me i think it would be better to kill them all. A werewolf is a werewolf to me. It doesn't matter where they stand because they always come back to betray you in one way or another".

 I knew that Mattew didn't mean what he said because his own nephew was a werewolf but before i could answer his question i heard Jeremy growl and say "I would never betray you my mate". Hearing that Mattew and i both looked in shock at Jeremy. I smiled at Mattew and said "Look at that Matt you just found your mate". Mattew groaned and immediately casted a spell to get away from there.

When Mattew was gone i looked at Jeremy and said "Concentrate on the fight Jeremy. You will find your mate later". Jeremy sighed and nodded at me with his head. I could clearly see that he wasn't happy with the situation. He probably just wanted to spend some time with his mate.

Knowing Mattew, Jeremy had a difficult road ahead of him. Mattew was older than us and he was an high ranking angel who had to carry out missions on regular basis. I wondered why the moon goddess choose to mate Jeremy with Mattew. They have to find out about that themselves i thought to myself and turned around to stop the werewolf who was just about to attack me.

I defeated werewolf after werewolf but had trouble balancing the fighting and Kingsley who was now agitated because he wanted to sleep. I had to stop fighting from time to time to calm Kingsley down and was just about to do that again when i suddenly heard Lilith scream "Micah". I quickly turned around to look where she was and found her on her father's lap while she was crying.

Images of what happened all those years ago at the playground flashed through my mind and i quickly casted a spell to take me to where she was. The moment i arrived there i put Kingsley down and knelt beside Lilith. I put a hand on her back and asked her "What's wrong my beautiful girl?" Lilith let her father go and yelled "Micah" while she jumped in my arms to hug me tightly. Seeing that Kingsley whimpered and clutched my shirt.

I threw an arm around Kingsley and caressed Lilith's back. Lilith started sobbing and said "I'm scared Micah. Please make all this stop". I looked at Knightly's parents and saw that they had tears in their eyes. Probably because the state their daughter was in. I gave Kingsley a kiss on his temple and said "Just a minute baby boy". Kingsley nodded with his head at me and i smiled at my son.

I let Kingsley go and cupped Lilith's face. I looked in her eyes and said "Look at me my beautiful little girl". Lilith lifted her head up to look at me and i asked her "What did i tell you all those years ago before i left for good?" Lilith's eyes widened when she realized i had my memories back but she didn't say anything about it. She just wiped her tears and said "That my brothers needed me so they can stay strong and that they will never let anything happen to me".