Chapter 28. A powerful mate

Hi guys. Thanks for reading. Enjoy the latest chapter.

Knightly's P.O.V

Micah kissed me again last night and i wished i was as bold as him. I have always been the quiet one out of the three of us. It's like i lost my will to speak when i lost my parents. I still think about them and understand now that i was too young to do something on my own to safe them. Thinking about Micah always eases the pain i feel when i think about my parents. Even thinking about the twelve year old Micah.

I couldn't sleep last night so i took on the border patrol duty because Connor needs to spend more time with his mate. We haven't talked about the mating rituals yet because Alec needs more time to adjust to Connor. He was rejected by his alpha when he was fifteen because he's alpha saw him as someone weak.

His old pack is known for their abuse. Luckily his human grandfather took him in and made him the man he's today. Connor and i are still looking in to his case. We'll take action if necessary because Alec is still afraid of his old pack.

I was thinking about my date with Micah when Star caught a strange scent and growled. I was close to the border so that meant someone crossed our border without us knowing. I quickly mind linked Jeremy and ordered him " Gamma, check if Blake Raven is still in his room".

"Understood alpha" replied Jeremy. I didn't wait for his answer i quickly started to sniff out the scent. It's easy when i'm in my wolf form and i can detect any noise from miles away. "They're not here anymore Knigh. They used magic" growled Star in the back of my mind. I sighed and said "It's getting dangerous since Blake Raven came to us Star. I think it's time we send a message to the people who think they can waltz in to our territory"

"I agree because we have our mate to protect. They have to know that we'll rip them apart if they try anything". I nodded my head to that and heard at the same moment the voice of Jeremy through my head " Alpha Blake Raven is still in his room. Is there something wrong?"

"Tell everyone to be on high alert because we have trespassers. Leave the beta out of this. I want you and two warriors here in the morning for a perimeter check" i ordered him and he asked me "Why in the morning alpha and not now?" "Because there gone and i already patrolled the border. I want you to cross the border tomorrow to find out in which direction they came out of"

"Understood alpha. It will be done" Jeremy replied and i cut off the mind link. I made my way to the mansion to shower and get some sleep. When i was laying in my bed my mind automatically went to Micah. I really wished he was here in my arms but knowing Micah he will never agree to move in with me. At least not yet.

Star whimpered at the thought "I miss him Knigh". "Don't worry Star. He'll be ours soon i promise " i tried to comfort him but i felt the same pain as him. "But how will we protect him if he's not with us Knigh?" I chuckled at his childish behavior and said "We can protect him Star. It doesn't matter where he is or where he goes because we are a powerful mate"

Star grinned at that and curled up to get some sleep. I shut me eyes and last thing i saw was Micah's face. I fell asleep with a smile on my face. Soon it was morning and we made our way to school. Lilith was telling me about the school festival they hold every year at her middle school. She was going to participate in a play about Hansel and Gretel and asked me to provide the costumes for the play.

I agreed because we own several clothing factories. I just have to give the order and it will be done. While parking the car we saw Micah waiting with Noah at the front steps of the building. He was looking at Noah who was happily telling him about something and didn't notice us. Star started yipping in the back of my mind and Lilith quickly jumped out of the car "Lilith" i yelled. she just smiled at me and said "Sorry Knigh it's Micah"