Chapter 61. A troubled past.

Jeremy's P.O.V

We didn't know what to expect when we arrived in Texas. The only thing that we knew was that alpha Ralph wasn't a welcoming person and that he didn't even know that we were on our way to his pack. I asked my father to look over my businesses while i was gone because i couldn't leave everything to my own personal assistant. It was just for one day but i didn't want to neglect what i worked so hard to accomplish.

When we arrived in Texas we rented a car with a GPS navigation system for the drive to alpha Ralp's pack. Nathan offered to drive us to the pack and i agreed with him because i could use the time to prepare myself for the confrontation with alpha Ralph. Sylvia had provided us with enough evidence that could lead me to rip alpha Ralph's head off but i wanted to see everything with my own eyes before i accused him of anything.

We could see while arriving at the pack's border gate how divided the pack members of alpha Ralph were by the way their houses were built. There was a distinct difference between the rich and the poor which shouldn't have existed in a pack like alpha Ralph's.

Nathan looked dissatisfied in my direction because we both knew that the pack members of the Darkmoon pack were born and raised here. There were probably the same generations of families living here since the pack was created years ago. The alpha title was always handed down to the first born son of the alpha regardless of if he was fit to lead or not.

We found out after investigating the pack that they normally didn't except new members to the pack but that changed four years ago when they were in need of an beta. The pack changed since the new beta took over the old beta's position who had to retire due to old age. It looks like he shares the same views as alpha Ralph and they are now the most feared alpha and beta in Texas.

He should have invested more energy in building he's pack than he's reputation i thought to myself when i saw an elderly pack member walk by with his head down in his work clothes. My emotions were all over the place because i hadn't seen Mattew since i accidentally met him at the lake. My wolf Azrael was anxious because we hadn't had any physical contact with our mate for a long time.

I tried to mind link Mattew but it looked like he was on a mission in a place where he wasn't reachable. I sighed then looked at the two warriors that were approaching us. One of the warriors looked angrily at Nathan and said "State your name and business". Nathan smiled at him in return and replied with "I'm Nathan Murray the delta of king Knightly Silverstone and i'm here to see alpha Ralph".

I could see the fear in the warrior eyes and added "I'll tell you who i am in case you're dying to know. I'm the king's gamma Jeremy winters and we like to see your alpha immediately". I saw the warrior flinch when he heard my name and i smiled to myself. The other warrior walked up to me and said "I'll mind link alpha Ralph right away about your arrival gamma and delta".

I crossed my arms and quickly mind linked Nathan to say "Be prepared for anything Nathan because i don't trust these people". "I don't trust them either Jeremy. They look spooked to me" said Nathan back to me and i tried to sense if there were demons close by. I did sense something but couldn't really make out what it was and looked at Nathan. Nathan nodded with his head at me to confirm to me that he had sensed it too but before he could say anything the border gate opened and one of the warriors said to us "You can drive straight to the alpha's mansion from here gamma and delta. It's not easy to miss and the beta is already waiting for you at the entrance of the mansion".

I nodded with my head at the warrior and motioned Nathan to drive through the gate. There were no activities on the streets and the whole pack looked dead except for the big bright mansion that stood on top of a hill in the middle of the pack grounds. The mansion was pure white and looked like something out of the Victorian era. You could see that someone had spent a lot of money to build the mansion but it felt out of place between the run down houses.