Chapter 56. You can rely on me.

Mattew's P.O.V

I got really scared when i saw Micah in so much pain. Micah wasn't like me or any of my other siblings. He liked to keep things bottled up inside because he thought that nobody cared about his problems. Which is not true because Micah was like the rock on which we siblings leaned on in times we needed support the most.

I couldn't remember a time when Micah was truly happy because he just kept doing what he could for others and never thought about himself. That's why when my father mind linked me to order me to go bring Knightly and Kingsley i was afraid to hear the reason why.

I asked my father hastily "Why?" when i heard that and my heart broke when i heard him say "Because Micah might not make it". I wanted to scream and ask God why he couldn't give my brother a break but i knew that i should be thinking about Knightly and Kingsley first before i thought about myself.

I was dying inside but knew that my family needed me to stay strong in times like these so went to pick up Knightly and Kingsley like nothing was wrong. The moment i arrived at the Silverstone pack i could sense the strong emotions coming from both of them and understood that they already knew that something was wrong.

I couldn't take it anymore and left with Kingsley after i brought them to the hospital. My mother then mind linked me to calm me down by saying" You know your brother's strength Mattew so keep it together because Kingsley needs you now".

"I know mom but it's still hard"  i said back to her while walking away. I knew Kingsley didn't need the negative energy when he was in distress but i couldn't help it. I hugged Kingsley tightly and whispered soothing words like " It's going to be alright my little wolf you'll see. Your papa's strong and brave and he'll come to get you in no time" in his ears. I then casted a spell to take us to the lake that was in the forest near the Silverstone pack.

I knew that the lake was Kingsley's favorite place to be and wanted to calm him down by taking him there. I created a torch by using my powers the moment we arrived there and stuck it in the ground near us. I then sat on the ground and put Kingsley on my lap. Kingsley was still clinging to me while sobbing and i caressed his back to soothe him.

Kingsley kept saying "I want papa" and i could feel that his wolf was fighting to take control. I couldn't see my nephew in that state anymore and casted a sleeping spell on him so he could calm down a little bit. I couldn't blame Kingsley because i was in distress too and looked at the ripples of the lake to seek comfort.

While looking at the ripples i thought about the last weeks of my life. I was constantly on missions and didn't even have time for myself but i wouldn't have it any other way because my body was accustomed to it. I liked fighting and loved going on missions but i knew that things had to change now that i already found my mate.

I never even thought that i would find my mate because i was already twenty six years old. Imagine my shock when i found out that a werewolf no less was my mate and not just any werewolf but the gamma of the strongest and the most richest pack in the world. What irked me the most was that my mate was younger than me.

I hated werewolves from the bottom of my heart and didn't like the idea of being mated to one. Werewolves were callous creatures that threw the word love around like it was nothing. I have always thought that it can't be love if you're forced to love the person who you're mated to.

I didn't always have a hatred for werewolves because i even had a best friend who was a werewolf at a time but things happened which made me realize how cruel werewolves could be for their own personal gain. I never wanted to go through something like that again and that's the reason why i stayed away from them. I didn't trust my emotions around them either because i could lash out and kill them if i wanted to.