Chapter 42. Being strong

Micah's P.O.V

I was thinking about this morning when i heard Connor call me. I couldn't believe that Knightly had marked me. How dare he i thought to myself when i saw the mark. I knew that sleeping with Knightly would cause problems but it was like i couldn't help myself. Knightly's an extremely attractive man and him constantly flirting with me didn't go unnoticed by me either.

But seeing his mark so clearly on me made my blood boil. A mates mark is like a death sentence for us angles because our scent changes and you can then get easily discovered by the demons. That's why we have to conceal our marks if were mated with a shifter but if you're strong like my brother or me and you're sure you can handle yourself then you don't have to.

But the main reason why i wanted to kill Knightly was because i wasn't his true mate at least it didn't feel like it. What would happen if he found his true mate i thought to myself. I didn't have the time to handle all the drama that came with that.

When Knightly asked me to give him a chance to make me fall in love with him i contemplated about what the consequences of that might be and why he was so interested in me anyway. He could have anyone he wanted male or female then why did he want me i asked myself. 

I had closed off my heart since Kingsley's father rejected me. I don't even have any memories of him and knowing myself i suspect that i was the reason behind that. I'm not even ready to start thinking about Knightly as my mate let alone except him as my mate.

I agreed to give Knightly a chance because i had a feeling that if i didn't agree with him he wouldn't leave me alone and i needed someone to help me out with Kingsley. I knew if i stayed there with Kingsley at least he could be himself. He could hunt and fish as much as he liked. He could even make friends with other werewolf pups like him. 

I was glad that the whole Bianca issue was behind us but the heavy aura in the dining room while we were having breakfast didn't go unnoticed by me. I knew that the four people that i saved from the underworld were very important people but i was shocked to see that they were Knightly's and Connor's parents.

That meant the ex alpha and beta of the most powerful pack in the world. I could feel that i wasn't welcome there but i didn't let it bother me because Knightly was now the alpha and not them. I just sat there and thought about what my father gave me as advise that morning. He told me to try to mingle with the people here and to try to get to know Knightly a little better. Lastly what he told me was to prepare myself for the upcoming war.

I had a feeling why Knightly's and Connor's parents didn't like me but i didn't think that it was necessary to explain myself to them so i let it go. My son was more important than anyone else. I was going to make sure that he enjoyed himself while we stayed there.

When i casted a spell to take me where Connor was i didn't expect to see the whole building with the holding cells destroyed. I had to make sure that Kingsley didn't get affected by the negative energy of the demons so i casted a spell to mask all the energy around us as prevention.

Kingsley is very sensitive to negative energy because he's a mix of an angel and a werewolf. In times like these he gets extra hyperactive and the need to fight the threat becomes bigger in him even if he's just a four year old. That's why when Alec asked me to find Princeton it felt like it was my fault that he was taken.

If i hadn't casted a spell i would surely feel it when the demons where in the mansion. But because i wanted to prevent my son from shifting and going on a rampage i let someone else's son get taken. I had to find Princeton as soon as possible because if the demons took him to the underworld our chance of finding him in one piece would be zero.