Prologue: The year 1491

I woke up to yet another empty bed. I guess he went to visit her again. I sighed loudly and removed the bedsheets from my body. I stood up from the bed and walked over to the mirror across the room. I glanced down at my nightgown. Bloodstained the pure white silk. I guess I went overboard with Nik again. "Mary," I said aloud. Not even a moment later, my maid came into the door.

"Yes, My Lady?" She responded as she bowed her head.

"I would like to get dressed for the day," I said as I ran my hand through my blonde hair. "Please run a bath."

"Yes, my lady." She then went and did as she was told to do. I shook my head and started to remove my nightgown.

"And make sure you throw out this nightgown and bring me a new one." I tossed the gown on the stained bloody bed. Looking at the bed, I rolled my eyes at the damage that my husband and I caused. I hate this country. "And bring in new sheets as well."

"Yes, ma'am. The bath is ready." She then proceeded to help me into the tub.

"Thank you. You may go." I rolled my eyes again and then washed my body of blood. After a few minutes, I dunked my head under the water and stayed there for longer than needed. I felt the water wash over me and soak into my hair. I then pulled myself up out of the water. I ran my hands over my face and back through my hair. I then stood up and stepped out of the tub. Mary came back into the room with another maid and dried my body off. After making sure I was completely dry, they started to dress me. It was one of the more lavish that Nik got for me.

After making sure everything was all set, I left the room in search of my family

After making sure everything was all set, I left the room in search of my family. Walking down these long hallways was tiring and looking at the same colors of maroon and yellow was growing tiring. I sighed when I turned the corner and there was my husband talking to her. Just looking at the both of them made me sick to my stomach. Her annoying giggles and that smirk on his face as he continued to tell about how beautiful she looked today. Her hand lightly placed on his arm and he faced the window that was in front of them. I rolled my eyes as she leaned closer to him and he moved slightly away. Not far enough to go noticed by the girl but just enough that her chest wasn't laying on him.I know he was only leaning away for me but still, the flirting is becoming a problem. Before either of them noticed me, I turned on my heel and walked down their cozy little hall to the library. Nik must have heard my dress move because he spoke to me. "Morning, love. How did you sleep? "

I didn't stop walking. I didn't turn around. I just answered, "okay," and just kept walking. As I kept walking, I heard footsteps behind me. Before I even reach the door for the library, I knew it was Nik. I reached for the door handle but could not open it because I was pulled slightly.

"Oh, come on, love. Don't be like that." I have stated.

"Like what?" I didn't turn around but my eyes narrowed down to the handle.

"You know, she is nothing to me." I feel his arm wrap around my waist, pulling me closer to him. "She is a means to an end." His other hand gently pulls my hand off the handle.