(#63) Long Talk

Really really sorry for the late update. The connection in this place is really bad and my depression is not helping either.

--------------------------------------------------

"Alright, down to business. Why do you need a Doctor that excels in poison?" Caylin asked.

"Oh. I have a relative who is poisoned. All the regional doctors have cured him. And all they keep telling is to wait for a miracle." I said.

"Then why are you here?" He asked.

"Because I made up my mind to search for the miracle," I said.

"Am I that miracle?" Caylin asked.

"You are not. Your ability is." I said, pointing to his hands.

"My work is a miracle?" Caylin asked, smirking.

"That's what you have got to prove," I said.

"Oooh. Someone is trying to be challenging and make me accept the request based on my pride." He said and I bit the inner lining of my cheek.

He recognized it.

"But it's alright. I might accept it. But I need to know the full details." Caylin said and I nodded.

"What do you need to know?" I asked.

"I need to know more about that person," Caylin said.

"Well, he is from a rich family," I said and looked at Caylin.

He nodded and noted something down on a paper.

"How did you know that he was poisoned?" Caylin asked.

"Oh, I had touched his hand. Then I kept my hand on his chest to get a record of his heartbeat. There was a silver brooch on his vest. The glow of the silver dimmed." I said.

"Silver brooch? Must be really rich." Caylin said and I nodded.

"Symptoms?" He asked.

"The normal symptoms. Difficulty in breathing. Rashes all over the body, et cetera." I said.

"You know the normal symptoms of poisoning?" Caylin asked.

"Yes. I have studied a bit of medicine." I said and he nodded.

"The relationship between both of you?" Caylin asked and I blushed.

".... Friends." I said.

"Yeah. Friends blush when they are asked about their relationship. You can just tell that you both are in love with each other. I am not one to criticize." Caylin said and I nodded.

"But I am getting a feeling that you are not telling me the whole story," Caylin said.

"Tell me. What is his identity?" Caylin asked.

"He is... the Crown Prince of the Avalon Empire," I said.

"GOODNESS!!!" Caylin exclaimed.

"I expected him to be a high-authority person, but not this much. I thought some commander or some royal advisor's son." Caylin said and I made a face.

Well, I am the Royal Advisor's daughter.

"Wait, don't tell me," Caylin said, getting worked up again.

"Tell you what?" I asked.

"That you are a Commander's or a Royal Advisor's daughter!" Caylin said.

"How did you know that I am the Royal Advisor's daughter?" I asked.

"Come on. I am a Doctor, who is well-versed in both poison and psychology." Caylin said and I nodded.