(#69) An Immediate Solution

"PLEASE COME IN." Count Barrel shouted on top of his voice.

I had to close my ears from the reverberations.

And then he came in.

Shit. I have to do something. Fast.

"Belle?" I called her and whispered in her ears.

"Your Highness, allow me to explain." Count Barrel said.

"This is a soldier who guards the capital, or more precisely, checks the people exiting and entering in and out of the Capital. And one day, a recent day, he came along a pair. He will explain it himself."

Count Barrel said and went back to his seat.

The guard first bowed before the King before starting.

"I was doing my duty as usual, before I spotted a suspicious-looking fellow. Upon closer look, I understood that it was a female. And she had a fellow with him.

The lady told me that he was a poison specialist and had to treat a family member. She also showed an identification, of her belonging to House Aesther.

So, I didn't question further." The Guard said, ending his testimony.

"See, Your Highness. This man said that the person showed identification of House Aesther, and also brought a poison expert." Count Barrel said.

"I am not deaf, Count Barrel. I can hear quite well. You may tell me something that I don't know." The King said and a lot of coughs were heard from the right side.

"Th-that Your, Your Highness," Count Barrel didn't know what to say.

"Respected soldier," The King called.

"Yes, Your Highness?" The Soldier asked.

"What made the female traveler look suspicious?" The King asked.

"The Black cloth that covered her and her face would seem suspicious anywhere, right, Your Highness?" Belle asked, stepping into the arena.

"And Your Highness, please pardon me for speaking unannounced," Belle said and the King nodded.

"How do you know that?" The guard asked.

"Because I am the traveler," Belle said.

"Your... your height is somewhat same, but the shape..." He trailed off.

"Then, I was just a traveler, who didn't pay any heed to the people around me. But now, I am an honorable maid working under the Young Lady of House Aesther." Belle said.

The guard then nodded in understanding.

"And the other person, who I claimed to be a poison specialist, is a man with long white hair and almost transparent blue eyes, right?" Belle asked.

"Caylin?!" His Highness asked.

"Yes, Your Highness," Belle said.

"Your Highness... knows the person?" Count Barrel asked.

King Adelouis didn't say anything.

"Let me explain, Count Barrel," Belle said.

"As you all might have known, Lord Aesther has been sick for a while, and the Doctors have suspected that it had been due to poisoning. So I personally went to search for a Poison expert." Belle said.

"You... you are lying." Count Barrel said.

"If you don't believe me, you can ask His Highness. His Highness was there when Caylin was treating." Belle said.

"Actually, Lord Aesther is not supposed to get off his bed for the next three days. But because of his love for the nation, he still came to attend the Assembly." Belle said.

Whoa, that was... unexpected. But still... good.

"Yes. Taking that into consideration, you may take the next three days on leave, Lord Aesther." King Adelouis said.

"No, y-" I cut my Father off.

"That would be well appreciated, Your Highness. After all, there is no problem in working from Home. I am just afraid that, I may trouble Your Highness for bringing the papers home." I said.

Well, Father can do his work from home, but he will just not do it. When he is at home, I can do more of his work better.

"You don't need to worry about that, Lady Aesther. It is not a difficult matter at all." King Adelouis said.

I then smiled at the King and then looked at Father.

"What? You have a problem?" I asked Father.

"Nope. Nothing at all." His reply was sudden.

"Good," I said. 

--------------------------------------------------------

Special Note For the Readers

You guys don't need to worry about the story lengthening too much. A bit more than half is already done. 

I guess it will end in 80-90 chapters or something. 

So, Don't forget to vote, comment, and Follow. 

So, till next time, 

Je vous aimez

Last updated on 14/01/2021