(#30)The oath

"Not like that. You have to be a real gentleman. Be just like the title. Gentle. Don't be rigid. Get the flow, will you?" I asked.

"I will admit, it is really good to hear you speak and I really feel like doing it too. But once I do it, I realize that it is actually very hard." He said, shaking his head.

"You haven't even ried for three times, yet you are saying like this. Is this the Rais I know? I don't think so." I said.

"Come on. If it was some new sword techniques, then it would have been fine. But this is entirely different. I am supposed to be Gentle. Can you believe it? GENTLE!! " He said.

"Yes. You have to be gentle for people to accept you." I said.

"I don't want people all over the world accepting me. Only the right person." He said.

"Even if you don't want them to accept you, the at least need to acknowledge you. And that, is very important." I said.

"Still, I think that this is complete BS." He said. "Aish, you are not supposed to use words like that. You can use terms like... unwanted or something." I said.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. I am a country bumpkin. They don't need to expect much from me." He said.

"Then we will exceed their expectations." I said.

"What?!" He was confused. "You made all those nasty comments about me, right?" I asked.

"I swear, I didn't mean that." Rais said and raised his index and middle finger.

"I get it, I get it. But something I would like to admit is that, I was once like that. That scary, mean, bragging about your riches and looks, weak, super-tempered and all. I just... changed." I said and looked at Rais.

"And when I did, I broke all those barriers they kept on me. And the best thing I had with me during those times were, a person who completely trusts me. My Father." I said.

And by now, I had all of Rais's attention.

"If you need to change, a trustworthy aid is needed. And that is a must. Because during this period, you will experience many backlash. So, you will need a person to keep you going forward."

I said and turned to look at him.

"And for you, I want to be that person." I said.

He then stood up and bowed gently to me. "And that how you greet people." I said.

"Whoa, I didn't even realize it." He said.

"That is what I have been telling you from the beginning. Go with the flow." I said.

"Having you as a teacher is my fortune." He said.

"And I hope that you regard me as fortune forever." I said. "I wouldn't dare not." He said.

I sighed. "One day, I hope you will say that, I can't not." I said.

"Is there a difference?" He asked and I sighed again.

"You will understand it soon." I said.

"Hope so." He said.

"Ah, I forgot." I said, suddenly remembering. "What is it?" He asked.

"Did you ever have a sister?" I asked.

"That..." He seemed reluctant to answer.

"It is alright, if you don't want to answer." I said.

"No, that is not it. I... have been asking that question to myself these years." Rais said.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I do remember, or to be more precise, I have a faint memory of having a sister. But one day, it felt like, she was taken away from us. Not in a bad way, because Father was fine with it."

"What do you mean?" I was getting more confused.

"It seems like Father sent her away for something that will benefit her." He said.

"Benefit her?" Everything pieces finally started to make sense.

"Yeah, maybe some child marriage or something. The groom's family must have wanted to take care of her since her childhood." Rais said.

"Rais... I hope you will forgive me." I said, emotions dissipating from my voice.

"What is the matter, Ana?" He asked.

"I am afraid that, the one who you call your sister, is actually my personal maid and my best friend, Belle, Bellatrise." I said.

There was silence for once.

He then suddenly bowed with his one knee on the ground.

"Rais, what are you doing?" I asked.

He then gave me his warmest smile. "Thank You." He said.

"Th-Thank You? For what?" I asked.

"For taking care of my sister well till now. I remember seeing her. But I don't think she saw me. Because, you were all that was in her vision. You are all she cares. And you care for her greatly too." He said.

"And also for telling me the truth." He said.

I smiled. "Knowing the truth is your right. You have the right to demand it and have it." I said.

"I know that it may be late and all, but I hope that, you will accept my oath." He said.

"Your OATH?!!" I asked.

In Avalon, when someone gives you their oath, it means that they will follow your orders for their entire life. Even if you tell them to jump into the lake of go on a one man battle.

For this same reason, when choosing a person to give the oath, they are very precise. Because you can only give this to someone you trust very must.

And because trust is a major part of oath, most lovers and couples do it. It doesn't mean that others can't do it. Their ratio is relatively very less.

"Do you know that you to think a thousand, no, ten thousand, no a MILLION times, before you give an oath?" I asked.

"I trust you very much. Then why should I delay it?" He asked.

He then recited it. In the old Hephercitus language.

Pulchra Domina, praesentem me tibi juramento profundum in corde meo. Ab oriente et occidente et si leuia sursum mea umquam ullis. Non pertinet ad vitae meae et ut vos mea, quae morte.

{Fair Lady, I shall present you my oath from the depth of my heart. Even if the sunrise from the west and oceans shall dry up, my oath shall never falter. To you belongs my life and to you, belong my death.}

My eyes started tearing up.

"You said it in the way." I said.

Even though the oath is originally in the old language, people say it in the new language, considering the thickness and richness of the language.

"Of course, I will only do this once in a lifetime. It has to be perfect." He said and I smiled.

"Are you going to tell her?" Rais asked.

"Even though I don't want to, just like I said, it is her right." I said. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note for Readers

I am very sorry for the late update.

School just started again and I am very sorry.

But I hope that you all will continue supporting me in the same manner.

So, till next time, 

Luv Y'all 💕💕

Last updated on 31-8-2020