(#40) The Diamond Garden.

"I am really sorry for bothering you, Your Highness." I said, sitting up on the couch.

"It is alright. We will now get to the matters." King Adelouis said.

"Yes, Your Highness. Father said it was something important." I said.

"Yes. It is about your face." The King said.

I gulped.

"Her face?" Lindon asked.

"Yes." The King said.

"Since you know it, Your Highness, I won't hide it anymore." I said.

I closed my eyes and sighed.

When I opened my eyes, two pairs of eyes were looking at my face with utter curiosity.

"Wh-what is the matter?" I asked, confused.

"Nothing. We are just interested." The King said.

"Oh." I said.

"Actually, my face is quite fine. But the reason I hid it, had reasons. One was that, whoever had pushed me to the pond, to know that it had done me quite an injury.

Which will also lower their guard, which will work in my favor. I also had to cover my face because I was taking medicines. So, in case anyone asks, I can tell that I have been applying medicine, which is not a lie.

Along with that, there were personal reasons too. But, if my calculations are right, the culprit, will unmask my face, for my popularity to decrease during this period of time." I said.

Then when I looked around, I was greeted with two pairs of eyes, looking at me with curiosity again.

"What is the matter now?" I asked.

"Nothing. I just didn't know that you were so calculated." Lindon said.

I smiled.

"To survive in the midst of sly foxes, you have to become one." I said.

"Makes complete sense." Lindon said.

"But Your Highness, why did you ask me these?" I asked.

"There is a reason." The King said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Then Lady Aesther, I will accompany you to the exit." Lindon said.

I got up.

Suddenly I felt a throbbing pain in my head and stomach. My body automatically went down onto the couch.

"You alright?" Lindon came near to me and held me properly.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. I am fine." I said, waving off.

"See, this is why I was telling that I will help you." Lindon said.

"Yeah. Agree with him. It is not wrong to ask for his help when you need it." The King said.

"Yes, Your Highness." I said and bowed.

"Yeesh, these people of Aesther House." The King said, shaking his head.

"Then, may I?" Lindon asked me, with his hand stretched out.

I smiled and accepted it.

"Thank You." I said.

He then helped me walk out of the King's Study room.

We walked through the corridors, a path I was very familiar with and to a very familiar place.

"Are we heading towards the Diamond Garden?" I asked.