(#42) An Assembly Meeting

All three of us entered the Imperial Palace.

"It seems like Miss Aesther is seeing herself as the host of this meeting, considering the fact that she is fashionable late." One of the Aristocrats said.

"Oh, I am indeed very sorry. It is just that," I said and turned to Ryan.

"This young boy wanted to apologize. And as a growing young man, I thought that this would have an impact in his future. I hope His Highness didn't find this too impudent." I said and bowed.

"It is alright. Though I didn't expect that Young Sir Amster would readily apologize." The King said.

"I indeed feel very sorry towards Lady Aesther. I almost killed her and didn't even apologize. Only when I sit and thought about it later, did I realize it was my mistake." Ryan said.

"It is alright. We do not need to waste any more time. Everyone, please sit in your respective seats." The King said and we all nodded.

Father motioned me to sit beside him and I gladly obliged.

The imperialists near me greeted with a smile and I greeted them back.

Lindon went and sat near the King. Ryan went and near his Father.

"Then we shall commence this meeting." The King said and started the meeting.

"The reason why we all have gathered here is to give the verdict of the marriage between Lady Aesther and the Second Prince." The King said.

All eyes and ears were eager.

"The Assembly has decided to has decided... to go forward with the marriage." The King said.

Bullshit!

"Your Highness, I am afraid that this is too... " The Imperialists started speaking.

"Are you telling that the King is unwise?" One of the Aristocrats asked.

"No, we just simply wanted to know the reason behind this decision. It was almost confirmed that the marriage was going to be cancelled. So if that verdict must be cancelled, then there must be another stronger reason. I, we, simply want to know that reason." I said, calmly.

"And a child doesn't need to know that." An Aristocrat said.

"If I don't even know the reason why I am getting married, my situation is indeed quite pitiful." I said, making that Aristocrat grot his teeth with anger.

"Sure. We came to an agreement that you both will get engaged, but the engagement will be like a marriage ceremony."

If you are doing the engagement ceremony like a marriage ceremony, then what is the difference between the both?

"You see, just an engagement party." The King said. "In the form of a marriage." I completed and the King avoided looking in my eyes.

"Ah, yes!" I heard a cheerful voice and I realized that to be of the Empress's.

"I apologize for my carelessness, Your Highness. Greeting, Your Highness, the Empress." I said, bowing a little.

"Oh my, forego them. We are almost a family." The Empress said, so badly making me want to scoff.

"Yes, Your Highness, the Empress." I said.

"But dear, your voice sounds worried!" The Empress said, with pure concern.

"No, Your Highness. Even though I didn't like it, the marriage was known to be abolished. So, the House of Aesther, mainly me, was preparing according to that." I said that much and faked a sigh.