(#16)Court Hearing 2

"It's me." We all heard a cheerful voice and the whole court turned to her.

It was a maid, maybe in her late 30s.

Everyone was confused of her cheerfulness.

"Actually, Sir Ruenti... " Maylene stood up from her place and the court turned to her.

Seriously, they were able to find a scapegoat? I was genuinely confused.

"Miss Searah was very sad about the incident. She just didn't know how to come forward. So when she came to me, I informed the court."

"She admits that it was an accident. And she wants to use this opportunity." Maylene said.

One thing, this Searah is too cheerful. Second, Marylene is sweating. Third, she is not saying anything clearly and at times, Searah looks at Marylene's face in a confused way.

And this all points out that there are loopholes in this witness.

I then saw a paper crumbled in her hands. I could make out a bit of what was written.

Lucky...

Oh My Goodness... Suddenly it all made sense.

I then stood up from my place. "Miss Searah?" I called and she turned to me.

Exactly, I doubt she even knows why is here right now.

"Yes?" She answered.

"To make everything clear, are you admitting that you pushed Lady Aesther into the Holy Pond in the Garden while she was taking a stroll, accidently?" I asked.

Searah looked at me with a ­what-the-hell-are-you-talking-about look. I knew it.

"What are you talking about?" She asked me and looked at Maylene.

The look I saw on Maylene's face made it all clear.

The witness was like a paper plane. All we can do is to pray that the plane won't encounter any problems. But after all, a paper plane is paper.

Such a frail witness! Did she think that the Avalons are such idiots?

Searah then handed me the paper.

"Lord Ruenti." I said and bowed. "You have been given the permission to speak." Sir Ruenti said and I nodded.

"I am afraid that this Searah misunderstood the situation and went to Maylene. Maylene thinking that the culprit has been caught send the word. I am afraid that it is no one's fault." I said.

"The maid is still at fault." One of the Jury said.

"No. This is clearly fabricated. One can understand it by just reading. Someone wanted her to come in here." I said.

"If Lord Ruenti?" I asked and Lord Ruenti nodded. Then handed the paper to the court reporter. He handed it to Lord Ruenti.

"Alright. The maid is not going to be held accountable. So, Miss Maylene will be given a small penalty for not analyzing the witness well and for wasting the court's time." Sir Ruenti said.

Maylene was clearly shocked. She hadn't expected this at all. Her plan backfired. Well, thinking about it, it can't be called a plan at all.

"I apologize for the fruitless court day we had today, You Highness." Sir Ruenti said to King Adelouis.

"It's alright. Looking on the bright side, a noble lady was not charged unrightfully." King Adelouis said.

"Yes, Your Highness. It is indeed true." Sir Ruenti said and stood up.