(#19)Through the Forest

"What do you think about this?" Kyle asked me.

We had already reached the entrance of the forest. It seemed like Kyle had prepared much for the hunting.

He then brought me to a basket. "Is this a picnic basket?" I asked. "Yes." He agreed.

"But aren't we here for hunting? Not for picnic right?" I asked. "We will start as hunting and end with a picnic." He said.

"Seems likes the whole day is planned by you." I said. He just smiled sheepishly.

"This is the horse that we will be riding." Kyle led me to a horse. "Just one?" I asked.

"You know how to ride?" He asked, surprised. "Well... no. I just asked." I said, shrugging.

"Alright, so shall we start?" He asked. 'Sure, what are we waiting for?" I asked and he nodded.

He first helped me get on the horse and the he hopped on by himself behind me.

"All set?" He asked and I nodded.

"I am really sorry for saying this, but your hair is a bit disturbing. Can you... um... " He got trailed off.

"Sure." I said. "Sorry, you must have paid special attention to your hair." He said. "Why do you say that?" I asked. "Every ladies do." He said.

"True." I agreed. "But I did not." I said. "Why?" He asked.

"Come on, I came for hunting. Not my eighteenth debutante." I said and heard him chuckle. "Well, I have sense." I said. "You certainly do." He agreed and I smiled.

"Did you have other plans?" He asked. "No. I was thinking of passing this day by reading medical books and accountancy books." I said.

"Why... do you read them?" Kyle asked. "Of course I read medical books for curing people. It has greatly helped my Father a lot." I said.

"Yes, I know. The first time I came to your house, you had prepared sour refreshments and snacks for relieving stress." He said. "Oh, you were there. I forgot." I said.

"What do you read the accountancy books for?" He asked.

'Is there a need to specify that? I see my Father losing his sleep over his work and decided to help him. I am just a filial daughter." I said.

"A girl learning accountancy to help her Father ease her burdens. This is indeed a rare gem." He said. "Obviously. I am the daughter of the great Lionel Aesther." I said.

"You seem to care about your Father a lot." He said and took his bota to drink water.

"Yes, he is my first love." I said and he spit the water. "Seriously?" He asked. "Why do you take him as your first love?" He asked.

"Because I admire him. I want to be like him one day. A respectful individual, who rose into position without any underhanded tricks." I said.

"I have heard of your Father in my home country. What did they call him there? Yeah, a White Tiger." He said.

"A white tiger? Even I didn't know that he was that great." I said, chuckling. "Yeah. They also say that his glare is equal to a roar." He said.

"Enough, enough. Just tell me what you want? No need to butter me using my Father." I said and he laughed.

"I wouldn't dare." He said.

"You better not." I said.

"Why don't we rest for a bit?" He asked. "Sounds good." I said and nodded.

He got off first. Then he helped me.

I looked around. "It looks safe." I said. "Of course I chose this place." He said looking all high and mighty.

"You just look like Avara right now." I said. 'Who is Avara?" He asked. "You don't know Avara? She is-" Only then did I realize it.

"Oh sorry. I actually named your falcon without asking your permission." I said with a slight bow.

"It's alright. Leave it." He said and I nodded.

"Anyway, there is something that I want to ask you." He said. "Ask away." I said.

"What is meaning of Avara?" He asked. "One who soars up high." I said.

"Whoa, that's good. I will call her that from now on." He said. 'You don't need to. What is the name you gave her?" I asked.

"I just call her my falcon." He said. "Seriously?" I asked.

"Anyway, you like to boast a lot, don't you?" I asked. "I just like to state the truth." He said. "Yeah, yeah, yeah." I said, rolling my eyes.

"It will be evening within some time. We will start heading back after sometime." He said and I nodded.

After we had had some snacks, we got back on the horse again.

"The sky is turning into heaven." I said, looking up. "Mornings and Evening are just so beautiful." I said.

"But not as beautiful as you

"But not as beautiful as you." He said. "You don't expect me to act all shy and all why I hear that, right?" I asked.

He laughed out loud. "I knew that you won't fall for such obvious and cheap charms. I will try harder." He said.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Keep up the good spirits." I said. "Why do I feel like I should say something like, My Lady, you look like a sword?" He asked.

"Really?!!" I asked, only realizing the real meaning too late. I then averted my gaze to below.

"I knew it. You are not my usual cup of tea." He said. "You can keep your mouth quiet now." I said.

"Whoa, someone is being feisty." He said.

I turned to him and glared him.

Suddenly a look of terror flashed across his face.

"Am I that scary?" I asked. "B-behind... y-you." He said and pointed to behind.

Then only did I look at my front...

--------------------------------

Special Note for Readers

This quick chapter is a gift for my 400+ readers. Thank You all. Luv Y'all 😘😘

I really hope that you all will continue to support me and my stories. 

Luv Y'all 💕💕