(#66) Check-Up

We were on the way to the Palace.

Belle was sitting next to me, unable to handle the pressure.

Pressure? Do you want to ask?

It is the pressure which is the sum of total intensity of the glare Father keeps on giving me and Caylin simultaneously.

And the pressure of someone very innocent sitting next to me.

And the pressure of the curiosity of a knight following the carriage on a horse.

And all this pressure is hitting me greater than gravity straight into the ground.

"So..?" Father started.

"Father... This is Caylin." I said and looked at him, expectantly.

He then looked at me with eyes filled with question marks.

I shook my head as reality hit me hard.

"Wait-" Father's sudden remark made all our eyes on him.

"You are- you are- that boy- Camiella-" Father was out of words.

I went and hugged him.

"Yes, Father. It is him." I said as Father's eyes started brimming with tears.

"Only when I am looking at these young people I realize how much time has already passed," Father said and I chuckled.

"I must apologize," Caylin said, bowing.

"Sorry?" Father was confused.

"When I met Ana earlier, I thought she was a daughter of your concubine, and got... a little angry." Caylin said.

Father laughed out loud.

"I am sparing you only because you got angry," Father said and I smiled.

"Never thought that this will be how we meet, again," Father said.

"Neither did I." Caylin said.

"Look dear. As a bait, I stayed back home pretending to be sick in the place of the Crown Prince. So, if anything happens, I will be the one that was poisoned, alright?" Father asked.

"But how will we?" I asked.

"We will not lie," Father said and looked at Caylin.

"I will do it. And while I am at it. I will mostly use the word patient. So, you don't have to be scared too." Caylin said.

"So, everything ready?" Father asked and everyone nodded.

"Alright. We will be going in through a back door that leads straight to the Crown Prince's Golden Palace." Father said and I nodded.

When we got there, the only stop we had to make was the small identification matter.

When we got to Lindon's room, King Adelouis was already there, hope slowly draining off his face.

And I could see the reason for that.

Lindon's body was turning blue.

"Your Highness..." My voice quietened on its own.

Suddenly King Adelouis looked towards me.

"Ana. What am I going to do? My son... My son..." He said and started crying.

It was the first time King Adelouis called me that and it gave a different feeling.

"It is alright, Your Highness. I have brought a person who specializes in poison." I said.

"What?! Where?!" King Adelouis asked, with newfound hope.

"It is him," I said and pointed to Caylin.

"Please, I beg you. Help my son. Believe me, if you help save my son, you are not just helping a son and a Father, you are helping a country!" King Adelouis said.

"Please relax, Your Highness. And it is not good for a King to beg." Caylin said.

"But what can I do? My son... My son." King Adelouis said, getting emotional again.

"May I check?" Caylin asked.

"Please do." The King said and Caylin moved forward to Lindon.

He checked the pulse and tested again if he was poisoned.

He then took acupuncture needles out and started locating them on the specific acupoints.

He then took out a vial filled with liquid and made Lindon drink it.

After drinking it, Lindon suddenly began to cough out more blood, which horrified the King.

"Thank Goodness!" I exclaimed. 

--------------------------------------------------

Why did Ana exclaim?

Comment below👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻

Anyway, thanks for the number of readers that you people have been giving me.

Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow. 

So, till next time, 

Je vous aimez💕💕

Last updated on 04/01/2020