(#85) The Masked Mysterious Man

"We have reached the Palace, Lady Aesther." The Coach-man said.

"Yes, thank you. Please wait." I said.

"Yes, My Lady." He said.

I then got in the Palace.

As I walked past all the rooms, the reason kept on ringing inside my head.

Why, why, why?

Just why?

I only remembered of it, when Belle was having a date with Crown Prince's right-hand man.

And because of that, I didn't even bring Belle with me.

I then went and stood before the Crown Prince's office room.

"Lady Aesther-" I cut the guard off by raising my hands.

"Announce my arrival to the Crown Prince. And either way, I will be getting in." I said.

"Yes." He bowed and got in.

Just after a while, he came outside.

"Crown Prince gave you the permission to enter." The Guard said and I didn't waste a moment.

I got in and greeted.

"Greeting to King Lindon, the Sun of the Avalon Empire," I said, bowing.

"To what do I owe the pleasure of you coming to meet me today, Lady Aesther?" King Lindon asked.

Without giving me the time to answer,

"And that too, declaring you will get in whether I allow or not, are you using your newfound power to get in?"

Again without giving me the time to answer,

"Or do you see yourself above me, the King of Avalon?" King Lindon asked.

"I wouldn't dare, Your Highness," I said, bowing and he scoffed.

"Then what is the reason?" He asked.

"I just came to confirm some important... incidents," I said.

"And what may that be?" He asked.

"Would you let your right-hand man come over to me?" I asked.

"I don't see any danger in that." King Lindon said and looked at Hawk.

Hawk nodded and came to me.

I then got up and knocked on a mask which he wore on his face.

"You have always worn this?" I asked.

"After a certain incident, yes." He said.

I, then within a moment, took his mask off.

"Lady-" He cut himself off once I had taken his mask off.

"What are you doing Lady Aesther? Bullying the people by the monarch's side?" King Lindon asked.

"Right now, I am very sure that you would know what incidents I am talking about, Your Highness," I said, and there was silence.

"Why? Why did you mysteriously send people to my side, day after day?" I asked.

"You started behaving in a peculiar way." He said.

"So?" I asked.

"So, I had to keep you in check. I felt something different about you, and you made me feel mysterious about you. So I thought, why keep it all in? I could find out for myself." He said.

"Then?" I asked.

"And once I did, that fire died out. There is no passion anymore." He said, flatly.

"Alright," I said, got up, and turned.

I was sure that my eyes were tearing up.

He used me just for his fun. And he isn't even feeling sorry for that.

At least he is reassuring me that, the gift I gave for his wedding did not go to waste.

"And one more thing Your Highness," I said before leaving.

"I hope that you like your wedding present from House Aesther," I said.

The reply was a tad bit late.

"Yes."

And there was no need for me to stay anymore.

I left.

And as I was leaving, I saw Velena come from a distance.

I bowed.

"The necklace looks very beautiful, Your Highness," I said.

"Oh, thank you. It was from your house after all. You really have good taste, Lady Aesther. And do you know what gave this necklace its value? My Husband put it on for me." She said.

"Then I shall take my leave," I said and turned.

Congratulations, King Lindon. You have finally shattered my heart.

As I was returning, I saw the Royal Library.

It is the Highest rated Library of the Avalon Empire.

I can enter because me being the Current Heiress.

His Highness King Adelouis, King Lindon, Grand Empress, My Father, Count Barrel are the only few people given access to this Library.

Even Velena can't enter. Even though she is the current Empress it is in name only. In the documents, her origin and nationality, both remain as Gelna.

If her nationality gets changed only, will she be granted access to the Library.

I entered the Library.

It was very deserted.

My eyes then fell to the Foreign Revenue Record.

I then took it and read through it.

No wonder the price of grains had a rise this season.

Lidia did not provide any grains for the country this year. We had to make do with the little amount we harvested and some we got from the other countries.

"What is it that you are reading?" The sound behind me gave me quite a shock, that I dropped the scroll.

I turned.

It was King Lindon.

"Greetings Your Highness," I said and bowed.

"Foreign Revenue Record? Now how did it catch your eyes?" Lindon asked.

I then took the scroll and kept it in its place.

"Lidia has not provided any grains this season. Because of that, there is a steep rise in the price of it." I said.

"What?" He said and took the record and saw it for himself.

"I am telling this out of pure concern. Something is smelling really fishy. And make sure, that our soldiers are ready." I said that and left without waiting for an answer.

-----------------------------------------------

Special Note For Readers

I am really sorry for not updating in a while. Because it was the vacation and all, I lost track of time. 

And most of the time, like any other teenage kid, I was hibernating.

So, I really hope that I could post earlier next time. 

Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow.

So, till next time, 

Je Vous Aimez

Last updated on 24/03/2021