(#7)A bite of Truth

"Except her dear friend, Miss Maylene." The guard said and only then did my breathing come straight. Maylene's hand fell down as if the nerves in her system had stopped working. And on my face grew a very wide smirk.

Everyone turned to Marylene. At last, I did. "Marylene?" I asked with a fake unbelievability. "L-look-" She tried to explain but I cut her off. "Marylene, did you see anyone else in the Holy Pond? You know like a maid or something?" I asked, with faked innocence. But it was enough for the King and my Father to understand.

My Father had a smile on his face and the King had a smirk. Belle was having a look of relief on her face. "I-I didn't clearly see. I wanted to give you a surprise but then I didn't see you." She said without breathing in and out.

"That's... Alright." I said at last and looked at King Adelouis. For the first time he looked at me with a satisfactory look. I smiled at myself mentally.

"Alright then. I won't keep you both from leaving. I just feel like you father and daughter just became very close." King Adelouis said and we both smiled at each other.

"It's true, Your Highness. After all, the saying goes, life becomes the clearest when at the brink of death." I said. "Very true." King Adelouis said.

The King then turned towards the guards. "I am very grateful for you cooperation. The rest will be carried out by Investigation Department." The King said and turned to us.

"Then I am afraid Your Highness that it is time to bid farewell." Father said. The King laughed out loud. "You don't need to be afraid of that matter as long as I am alive." The King said.

"And that's another matter I am scared off." My Father said and both of them laughed their lungs off. Then the King left us for ourselves.

"Ana, can you come with me?" She asked. "Oh Sure. Just let me drop my Father off. Then we will meet in our usual place." I said and she nodded. "Now come, Dear Father." I said and took Father's hand and dragged him.

"Greetings to Your Excellency, Supreme Royal Advisor of the Avalon Empire, Sir Aesther." We heard a greeting and turned. It was Louis. "Greetings to Prince Louis, the younger Star of the Avalon Empire." Father greeted back along with me.

"I wanted to discuss an important matter with Sir Aesther." Louis said. "To what do I owe the pleasure to?" Father asked. "We shall discuss at some other place." Louis said. "Then I guess, I must trouble the prince with that matter." Father said.

Louis then led us to a tea table, where Louis, Father and me sat, while Maylene and Belle stood. "What is the matter, Young Prince?" Father asked. "It's about Ana." Louis said and looked at me with a longing, which was obviously fake. I then returned the smile.

"What is the problem concerning with Ana?" Father asked. "Respected Sir, last time when Ana was harmed, my heart almost skipped a beat," Yeah, with happiness thinking that your plan succeeded. "So I want Ana to stay in the Palace, so that I can protect her more easily," Or watch me more easily. "So what do you say, Sir Aesther?" Louis asked.

"But Young Prince, last time when I was harmed I was at the Palace right?" I asked and looked at my Father. He knew what to do. "Yes, Exactly. So comparatively the Aesther household is safer than the Palace." Father said.

"B-but I really want to see Ana." Louis said, with a losing accent, which was the only genuine thing that happened since we had encountered him.

"Young Man, you must know that, growth of young girls is proportional to the growth of the fire in our hearts. So young man, you will marry her soon, just let me be with my daughter till time allow us to." Father said with a fatherly tone and I smiled.

Louis heaved a sigh. "Alas, it does sound reasonable." Louis said. "Thanks for understanding." Father said and Louis smiled.

Father then got up, followed by Louis and me.

"I will meet both of you in the usual place after I see my Father off." I said. "Sure." Louis said with his eyes filled with love. If it was the past, I would already be head over heels.

"Come fast." Marylene said and I nodded.

This is going to get interesting.

Special Note for readers

First of all thank you for all the support you have given me.

Second, I want you guys to follow me, so I can know you guys better.

Third, Comment on my stories and vote them. Also share it.

Fourth, I really want all of you to read my other story, P.S.S (Personal Spy Secretary).

And lastly, LUV Y'ALL💕💕