(#62) Caylin

Really sorry for the late update.

Read the announcement for the reason.

-------------------------------------------------

"He is in there." He said, pointing to a place.

My eyes followed his hands.

He pointed to a place, where people were busy going in and out of a...

Temple?!?!?!

"A doctor is residing in a Temple?!" I asked, astonished.

"Well... it is more convenient for him." The Father said.

"Convenient? In what which manner?" I asked.

"For him and the people and the priest. For him, the stay in the temple is free and he was asked by the Temple Priest to stay there. Compared to our home, being in a temple was much better." He said.

I nodded. "So, he is your brother, right?" I asked.

"Well, basically, yes. You see, my wife's brother." He said and I nodded.

"And it is convenient for the people because they can come to the temple and also take advice from the Doctor.' He said and I nodded again.

"And it is convenient for the Priest because at least in the name of the Doctor, some people come to the Temple." He said and I gave a small smile for the last statement.

"So, may we?" He asked and I nodded.

He then started walking and I followed him.

As we made our way inside, we saw many people bringing a lot of things packed colorful papers and leaving them before a door.

All before a door.

"What is behind that door?" I asked.

"That is where we are going." The Father said and we walked towards that door.

As we walked towards that door, we moved many things aside, as the things had started crowding in front of the door.

The Father then knocked on the door, three times. Then he took the key and opened the room.

And then I saw him.

Sitting on a windowpane, his long white hair flew along with the wind. His eyes were of mystic blue color that can make you lose yourself.

But it seemed as if he was lost himself as he stared into the window in front of him, watching the sun setting slowly.

"Caylin." The man beside me called him, softly.

The white-haired man didn't hear.

"Caylin." He called a bit more loudly.

Still, the white-haired man didn't hear.

"For goodness sake, CAYLIN!!!" The Father called in a bit louder manner and the white hair man got shocked and almost fell.

But he had balance and got up gracefully.

"What is the matter, dear brother-in-law?" Caylin asked.

"Nothing much, I have brought a visitor for you." He said and kept his hand on my shoulder.

Caylin then looked at me.

"She is..." Caylin was confused.

"Miss Black Dame. Or so she calls herself." The Father said.

"And she is here..." Caylin asked again.

"Because she helped me once, and I owe her. And she happens to need to doctor who excels in poison." The Father said and I nodded.

"Then I shall leave you both to have a private talk." The Father said and exited himself.

"Come, have a seat," Caylin said and I nodded.

Something about him told me that he had not yet convinced himself to help me.

As I sat, I noticed another huge pile present inside.

I was sure that my face turned to disagreement.

"What happened? You don't agree with these presents?" Caylin asked, his face turning from confusion to amusement.

"Oh. It is your income, isn't it?" I asked.

"No. It is the divine gifts they usually keep in front of the idols." Caylin said.

"Then why are they keeping it here?" I asked.

"Because they see me as a God," Caylin said.

"Then, I strongly disagree," I said, shaking my head.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. You are not even buttering up a little." Caylin said, smiling.

"Oh, I was supposed to? I was brought in a manner where, as long as my choice and reason is strong, I can say it aloud, without rethinking." I said.

"Why do you think it is wrong?" Caylin asked.

"It would have been fine if they gave you gifts for curing them or for your ability. But now, they are seeing you as a God.

Yes, I agree, that a doctor is a form of God, but not God. You are just using the ability that God has bestowed upon you." I said.

"Alright, down to business. Why do you need a Doctor that excels in poison?" Caylin asked.

And now, I had a feeling that he had convinced himself to help me.

---------------------------------------------

Will Anastasia tell the reason behind why she needs him?

Will she reveal her identity?

Special Note For Readers

I am really really sorry for the late update. 

As mentioned above, you can read the announcement for the reason. 

I also know that no reason can justify me for being unpunctual. So again. I am sorry. 

Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow. 

So, till next time, 

Je aimez-vous 💕💕

Last updated on 18/12/2020