(#59) Across the Village

Great. Not this again. I thought as I received those glances from the villagers and peasants.

Well, I guess it isn't their fault.

A woman, in all black, riding a horse and going through towns looking for a doctor, can be quite... unordinary?

Well, that wasn't the end too.

A woman, in all black, riding a horse and going through towns looking for a doctor, with a small boy sitting in front of her can be unordinary too.

Yes, a young boy was sitting with me on the horse.

But unlike me, he was enjoying the attention he was getting. He held his head up in pride.

"Are you fine with this attention?" I asked.

"Obviously! Now I will be called, the boy who rode the horse with..." He trailed off and looked at me.

"Miss Black. Miss Black Dame." I said and the boy nodded with amusement.

"With Miss Black Dame." He said, giggling, which made me smile too.

"Well, why were those people chasing you?" I asked.

"Oh." He said and his face fell.

"My Family owed them some money. We were supposed to give it back today. But my Father gets his monthly wage tomorrow. Then we can pay them completely.

When I saw them today, we explained to them correctly, but still, they started picking on me. They said they would take my sister away." The boy said, his face still dark with gloom.

"Oh," I said and searched my pocket.

I did have some money. And besides, with my skills, I can always earn money easily.

I then took some out and gave it to him.

"Is it enough?" I asked.

"This... this is more than enough." He said, face lighting up when he saw the money.

"It is alright. You can have it completely." I said and gave it to him.

He then showed much interest and raised his hand for taking the money. But then, his hands went down.

"It is alright. We will have money tomorrow. Then we will payback. My Mom has told me that I should never take things that do not belong to me." The boy said and I smiled.

"It is alright. I come from a Family where we value words more than anything. Just give this money to them. And if we meet, you can just give me back the money." I said.

The boy nodded and took money from my hand.

"Thank You, Miss Black Dame." The boy said with a bright smile and I smiled.

On our way, the moneylenders stopped us again. At that time, the boy gave them the money which I gave him.

The Moneylenders were shocked for a moment. Then they looked among themselves.

Then they took the money from the kid and counted it. Not once, but five times.

Then they bit the bronze to see if they were real.

After all the idiotic things they did, they still couldn't believe that the child gave him money.

Then they looked at me. And nodded among themselves.

They took the money and patted the boy's had. I then scoffed out.

The boy then came to me and I helped him up.

He then showed me the way to his house.

On the way,

"I really thank you a lot, Miss Black Dame. If there is anything that I can help with, please let me know." The Boy said.

"Well, I do need help with something," I said.

"Really? Please tell me." The boy got excited.

"I am looking for a doctor," I said.

"A doctor? There are-" I cut the boy off.

"Not usual doctors," I said and the boy raised his eyebrow.

"I want an exceptional doctor who specializes in poison," I said and the boy thought for a while.

Then his face brightened up.

"I know. Uncle is an amazing doctor. He deals with poison usually. But... he is not famous. So, if you ask many people, you won't be able to know him.

Only those who have been treated by him knows him." The boy said.

"Then do you know where that doctor is?" I asked.

"I don't." The Boy said.

"Oh," I said, my face going down.

"But my Father does."

---------------------------------------------------------

Will Anastasia find this doctor?

Comment below👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻

Thank You a lot for your continuous support. It means a lot to me. 

Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow. 

So, till next time, 

Je t'aime💕💕

Last updated on 30/11/2020