(#4)Training Session

Clash! Clang! Clash! The sounds of swords whining against each other echoed throughout the courtyard.

"My Lady, stop. You are giving it your all." He said. "That is what a trainee is supposed to do." I said. "B-but you are not just a trainee. You are the Lady of this house." He said.

"What is the motto of House Aesther?" I asked. "Equality and Honesty are companions of Success." He said. "To a Lady of the House of Equality and Honesty, you are being partial, Assistant Commander of House Aesther." I said and he looked stunned.

"And besides this is for knowing my level, I need to give it my all." I said.

"How is the testing, so far?" Father arrived, along with High Commander. High Commander gave me a slight bow. But when I returned the bow, he looked stunned. What can I do? I was such a brat before my reincarnation.

The Assistant Commander made a full bow to my Father. "Greeting to the Master of the House of Aesther." He said. I then made a slight bow to my Father. The Assistant Commander then coughed and looked at my father and motioned his eyes to my side and returned to my Father.

"You are going to talk about my progress. Of course I will need to know it, despite how bad or good it is. And if tell me all the good things by hiding all my low points, I will be head over heels for myself and be like, If I am that good, then why do I need to practice? So tell me the true results.

"You heard the Lady." Father said and Assistant Commander nodded. "From what I have calculated, it seems like My Lady-" "I apologize for interrupting, it is Anastasia." I said. "Sorry." Assistant Commander was confused. "In this courtyard, under this uniform, my status is below yours. So, according to the traditional rules you are supposed to call me Anastasia." I said.

"But it will feel awkward." He said. "Then practice with a doll or something." I said. "But- but." He couldn't find words. "In fact, it feel awkward when I have to tell my senior what he has to do, Sir." I said and he looked stunned.

"Continue by telling Anastasia." I said. He then coughed. "A-A-Anastasia indeed has a lot of energy and strength, but is using it too rashly." He said. "So Sir, you are telling me that I need to calculate my steps and then move accordingly." I said. "Exactly." He agreed.

"But you will need to be placed with the first former's." He said. "So?" I asked. "The first former's haven't seen me yet, right?" I asked and he nodded. "Perfect, then things won't be awkward between us." I said.

"But why are you learning this all of a sudden?" Assistant Commander asked. "Because, I remembered that I am the only one with pure Aesther blood, and I need to carry on the linage, and didn't want my world to be just my family, but this country. In short, I want to be an asset to this country." I said.

'Whoa. I never expected this from you, my -" I cut him off. "Anastasia." I said. "Yes, Anastasia." He corrected. "Well, will you believe me, if I say that I suddenly remembered this when cold water fell on me?" I asked. "While bathing?" He asked. I smiled.

"When I hit my head against a rock under the cold pond." I smirked. His eyes widened. "But it will take time to adapt." He said. "That's alright." I patted his shoulder. "We humans are the only being capable of adapting ourselves to the situation, rightly. I am sure that we can figure it out together." I said.

"Ahem." Someone chocked for attention. We turned. It was Father. We forgot about their existence when we started talking.

"It seems like the young lady is adapting quite well." High Commander said and I smiled. "Alright then. Training will start tomorrow." Father said and we all nodded. "Now, Anastasia, come with me." He said. I nodded and followed with him.

"What is the matter, Father?" I asked. "Today, you were called to the Palace. My intuition is that it is regarding yesterday's matter." He said.

"It's alright, Father. I am well prepared." I said.

After all, I am not the old me. 

--------------------------------------------------------------

Special Note for readers

I am extremely sorry for the short chapter.

I will do better next time.