(#2)A New Beginning

I woke up, remembering every bit of my past. 

I looked over my hands and body. It looks younger (obviously). I felt short too. 

And the quilt. I missed it so much. Because I moved into the palace soon after Louis proposed to me. 

Ah... the smell of this quilt, I indeed missed it. I thought. 

Suddenly the door banged open.

It was Bella. My tears welled up at the sight of her. "My lady, why are you crying? Is it hurting anywhere?" She asked, with pure concern. 

I shook my head. "I am completely fine. I am just happy to see you. I thought I would never see you again." I said. 

"My Lady!! What are you talking about? This was just a small fall. You are thinking too much." She said and giggled. "What are you giggling for?" I asked. 

"I am just happy that My Lady thought about me in those dire moments." She said.

"One more thing. Can you exactly tell me what happened to me? I can only remember bits and bits." I said. 

"Oh sure. I don't know what exactly happened but this is what I heard. You were in the royal garden. Suddenly My Lady fell into the cold pond. I don't know-how. Maybe it was an accident, or maybe not. I thought My Lady would be able to tell me. I guess My Lady forgot about it. It's not that bad though. Now My Lady would not have that bad memory with you. See, it's not exactly a bad thing." She said and smiled.

"And one more thing. What is the date today?" I asked. "It's the third day of Arillos month, My Lady." She said. "It may sound weird. But can you tell me the exact year?" I asked. "Sure. 1666." She said.

Oh My Goodness. 

So it is after this incident, that I move into the palace, because Louis and Marylene created a big issue of me not being with my maids, and one of the major reasons behind why Bella left.

"Alright then. I will leave. I have a lot of packing to do." She said and started to leave. "Pack? For what?" I asked. 

"I am leaving tomorrow, My Lady," Bella said with a bitter smile. "And all you told till now, is enough for me to live my whole life." She said.

'You are not leaving." I said, sternly. "But Lady Marylene suggested that I leave you." She said, confused. "She is not the one making decisions in this household," I said. "It's me." I completed. 

"So... My Lady?" Bella asked, trying to hide her happy grin. "You. Are. Staying." I concluded.

She squealed with joy. "Seriously dear girl. How can I ever think of letting you go?" I asked. 

"We grew up together. Our history goes way back to mine and Marylene's. You are the last asset my mom gave me. To me, you are a part of mom. And I would never let that go." I said.

"My Lady, My Lady, My Lady. Every particle of my body is urging for me to hug you. But I am containing myself." She almost screamed with joy. "Then don't contain yourself. Let yourself free." I said.

She looked shocked for once. "You are not joking right, My Lady?" She asked. I shook my head. She then jumped onto the bed and hugged me tightly.

"Oh My Goodness. Where did you hide all these energies?" I asked and she giggled. She then got off the bed and looked at me. "Is there anything?" I asked. 

"You look different now, My Lady. Like you have gone through some kind of rejuvenation."  She said.

I smiled. "People change. Sometimes as a part of the natural cycle, or, because of some circumstances." I said. "I don't know why, but I feel like the second reason is the one behind your change." She said and I only smiled.

"Ah... one more thing," I said and her face turned serious. "I want you to go back to the kitchen and bring me some vegetables. And the other maids will ask how I am doing. At that time you must act like half present in the conversation and tell them that I am having a scar. After telling, you must act like you accidentally blurted that out and must plead them to keep quiet. Get that?" I asked and she nodded.

'I don't know why, but I feel like I am getting involved in something major." She said. I smiled. "It's not just a feeling," I said. She nodded as she understood.

"And for now, give me a veil to cover my face. And by tomorrow I need an elegant one. Understand Belle?" I asked and her face widened into a grin. "What happened?" I asked. "You are calling me Belle again as you used to when were much younger, My Lady. You have really changed, haven't you?" She asked.

"Many things are going to change from now on" I hummed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Special Notes for Readers.

Guys, please follow me. I am in a dire need of Followers. And share this story too.

And please comment too.

Luv y'all 💕 💕