(#55) Rough Morning

"My Lady, there is a letter for you from the Imperial Palace," Belle said, as she came inside my study room.

"Hmm... yes," I said, on the brink of falling asleep on my documents.

"Should I bring you a cup of coffee, My Lady?" I asked.

"No. If I drink coffee, I will fall asleep fast." I said.

"Yeah. I keep forgetting that you are one weird Lady." Belle said.

"Yeah. Just the right thing to tell a person who is mentally suffering." I said, trying my best to keep my eyes open.

"My Lady, see it as me trying to gain knowledge," Belle said and I nodded.

"Why does coffee make you sleep?" Belle asked. "Isn't it supposed to make you keep your eyes open the entire night?" Belle asked.

"That is because of the Adenosine in my blood. When caffeine enters, it blocks the adenosine in my blood." I said.

"What does Adenosine do?" Belle asked.

"A lot. But in this situation, we can say that Adenosine helps one sleep." I said.

"Then shouldn't you be not able to sleep?" Belle asked.

"Normally, yes. But in my body, caffeine blocks. So the suspended and accumulated adenosine reacts and," I said and dropped my head to the table.

"Fall asleep." Belle completed and I nodded.

"So, what would you like to have?" Belle asked.

"A cup of Dark Hot Chocolate," I said.

"Yes, My Lady. Will bring it right away." Belle said and left.

I looked at the Imperial Letter and looked at my hand. My hand doesn't look like it will get up anytime soon. And my legs also won't move.

Why you ask.

It is all because of that rascal.

Which Rascal?

Crown Prince Rascal.

Yes. Lindon came yesterday.

I thought that since the Princess came, he would act a bit more reserved and stay put.

But boy, I was wrong.

Apparently, Princess Velena asked him to go visit the Garden with her. But Lindon politely refused.

It seemed like the Princess made a mess out of that situation. And at last, Lindon had to take her to the Imperial Garden.

Lindon is a man of pride who doesn't like being told what to do. So, that situation pissed him off very much.

And he took it out in our 'meeting'.

So because of that my hands and legs are good as nothing right now.

Even though my body has now been reduced to this state, I still liked the night.

My cheeks just redden at the thought.

He was like a raged cave-man trying to find somewhere to vessel his anger.

And that vessel was me.

My stomach started tingling and started feeling hot all over.

And after everything was done, I had to console him telling him that everything was fine and everything would turn out fine.

I smiled at the thought.

Then, for the first time, he stayed the night. And he wouldn't have gone in the morning if I hadn't persuaded him.

And then I had to cover my whole body with powder to hide his marks all over me.

I almost didn't want to cover it up. Almost.

I let out a sigh and I realized my body temperature was increasing with each passing second.

Then I heard a knock on the door.

"May I come in?" I heard Belle's voice and positioned myself properly.

"Come in," I said.

Belle then came in and gave me a look.

"Are you alright, My Lady? Are you having a fever?" She asked and checked my temperature comparing with hers.

"Um... can you prepare me something cold for me? I have been feeling a bit too hot lately." I heard, backing off.

"Uh... sure." She said and looked at me.

"You know what?" Belle asked me and I looked up at her.

"What?" I asked.

"Ask your Crown Prince to be gentler next time," Belle said and my head automatically hid.

"You didn't read the Imperial Letter?" Belle asked.

"Oh, I forgot," I said. More like I couldn't.

"Just read it out for me," I said.

She nodded and opened the letter.

She started.

"Dear Lady Aesther-" I cut Belle off.

"Forego the formalities. Get to the main part." I said.

She nodded and her eyes wandered off through the letter.

Suddenly her eyes widened.

"What is the matter, Belle?" I asked.

"My Lady... His Highness... Crown Prince..." Belle couldn't finish it.

My inactive legs suddenly summoned the strength and stood.

"What happened to Lindon?" I asked.

"He... fell." 

---------------------------------------------------------

Special Note For Readers. 

First of all, thank you for your continuous support throughout. The roller-coaster is starting to get up high. Brace yourselves.

Don't forget to vote comment and recommend.

So till next time, 

je t'aime 💕💕

Last updated on 21-11-2020