(#29) A New Family

I was walking through the courtyard when I heard a loud voice calling me.

"LADY AESTHER!" I heard and turned.

It was Rais.

"What is the matter?" I asked when he came near.

"I... I..." He was panting loud. "Take deep breathes." I said. He nodded and obeyed me.

"I actually want to know your real name." He said.

"It is Anastasia. But I prefer when people lose to me call me Ana." I said, smiling.

"Sure, My Lady." Rais said, bowing.

"There is a lake near here, right?" I asked Rais. "Yes. It is towards the east." He said, pointing the way.

"Right. We shall have a walk till there then." I said and he nodded.

When we reached the lake, "Do you have some time to spare, young lad?" I asked. 'Yes, sure." He agreed.

"Then, sit." I said and sat on the ground near the lake. "Here?!" He asked, shocked.

"Yes, do you have any problem with it? If you-" He interrupted me. "No, no, no." He said and sat down.

"And that is another thing that you will learn. Never to interrupt when others are speaking." I said.

"I am very sorry." He bowed down and sat. "I will learn properly, I promise." He said.

"Don't overwork yourself and think too much. Everything will naturally come to you. In the starting you will surely feel overwhelmed, but believe me, it will gradually disappear.

The knights will make you feel there like home. If you feel too burdened, come to me. I will always be there for you. In fact, there is another important thing that I wanted to say to you." I looked at his face.

"What is it?" He asked.

"I want you to become a brother of mine." I said and his eyes went wide. "Wh-what a-are you t-talking ab-about?" He started stuttering.

"I know that giving you the family name, will be a very complex procedure. And you will also have to go through certain hardships. So, I want to treat you like a brother of mine." I said.

"I am honored to have this chance, My Lady." He said, bowing.

"Aish! If I am having a brother, I won't let him bow to me." I said. I then stood up and made him stand straight.

"You get that, brother?" I asked and his face flushed red. He turned his head away.

"It might seem alien in the beginning. But believe me, when you will grow accustomed to it, it will feel, home." I said.

"Well, I have to admit My Lady, you certainly do have the talent for making one fall verbally." Rais said.

"Rais, what are you supposed to call me?" I asked. "What?" He was seriously clueless.

"You are supposed to call me, sister." I said.

"Sis-sis-sis-ter." He said. I sighed.

"It is alright. You will get used to it, soon enough." I said.

"And there is also something else I need to talk to you about." I said.

"My Lady, I am very sorry, but this is the most that I can handle, or I am afraid that I will get a stroke and die. Then you will have no brother to boss around." Rais said and we both laughed.

"Come on, brother. I will not boss you around." I said, playfully slapping his shoulder.

"How can you be this open to me, someone you have met yesterday? Or..." His face started glooming up. "Are you like this to everyone?" He asked.

Good, he is showing the signs of an over-protective big brother.

"No, brother. I know people well, when I see them. And when I see you itself," I said and kept my hand on his head. "I know I have made the right choice." I said and he smiled.

"And about the other thing," I said and turned.

"If you want to enter the capital, there are some basic etiquettes that must be practiced. But countryside people usually lack them." I said.

"Are you telling that you will help me find a teacher to teach me?" He asked.

I turned to him. "That is what I thought too." I said. 'Thought?" He asked. "You are catching up fast." I said and he smiled.

"Yes, I thought about it."

"But then I was like, when you have such a talented and amazing sister like me, why should I go look around for some strangers. So, here this right. I am going to teach you etiquette." I said.

"Well, if you are the one teaching me, I have no reason to either refuse or not to learn, sister." He said, and hugged me from behind. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPECIAL NOTE FOR READERS.

I am very thankful for the amount of support you have shown me, all of you 900+ readers.

You just don't know how much it makes me happy when I see this.

I hope that I will keep on receiving it.

So, till next time, 

Luv Y'all💕💕

Last updated on 30-08-2020