(#53) A Night so and so

"Is there any problem at the Imperial Palace, dear?" Father asked as I got in.

"Nothing, Father. What is the matter? Will a problem arise soon?" I asked.

"No, I just wanted to know what happened when you stayed back," Father said.

"Nothing of much importance. The Crown Prince just asked me to stay back." I said.

"Oh, alright then," Father said and went back to reading the documents.

"Father, when will the second agreement be asked?" I asked. "I think, most probably, by next week," Father said.

"Oh," I said.

"Why do you want to know?" Father asked and I simply shrugged.

"Lord Aesther, Lady Aesther, the pre-bed snack will be served soon," Belle said.

"Belle?" I called.

"Yes?" She answered.

"Have all the noble maids left?" I asked.

"Yes, My Lady. The last one just left today morning." Belle said.

"What are you both planning on?" Father asked.

"Oh, I recruited some maids. Both nobles and peasants. And I asked some special jobs to be given to the noble maids, to check to see if they are up to their qualifications." I said and took my cup of tea.

"But look, they cannot even handle for a week. Then how can anyone handle the responsibility that lies ahead." I asked and sipping the tea.

Father then gave me a stern look and then looked at Belle.

Belle simply maintained her composure.

"Good. You know the differentiation properly. That is good enough." Father said, sighing and I smiled mischievously.

Then suddenly when Father looked up from his book, I returned my face to the original grim look.

He then shook his head with a smile.

"By the way, how is Cousin Albert doing?" I asked.

"He is doing fine," Father said.

"Is that how an uncle should speak?" I asked, grinning.

He then gave me that look.

"Okay, okay. I understand-" I said as the sudden realization hit me.

"What is the matter?" Belle asked and Father looked at me with an uncertain look.

I then shot up from the couch that I had been sitting.

"DINNER!!!" I said.

"YOU WANT DINNER?!?!?!" Father asked and Belle nodded behind him.

"It is not me, but Cousin," I said as the realization hit them too.

"Goodness!" Father exclaimed.

"What shall we do?" Belle asked.

"For now, prepare something very simple. I will personally apologize to him. We can do good starting tomorrow." I said.
"Then I will head to the kitchen," Belle said and I nodded.

"Wait, Belle!" I called for her again.

"What is the matter, My Lady?" Belle asked.

"Tomorrow, sent out fliers, for a butler and two male servants," I said.

"Social class?" Belle asked.

"Doesn't matter. They will only be around for some weeks. But still, show preference to Working class." I said and Belle nodded.