(#51) Crown Prince Lindon

"Today, I will announce... the identity of the First Prince." The King said.

"Wait... Father! Is His Highness really going to announce the identity of the First Prince?" I asked Father and he looked at me.

"Alright, alright. I know. If the King himself said he would announce, then there is no reason for me to object." I said and Father nodded.

"You know the identity of the First Prince?" Albert asked.

"Does it matter now that if we know it or not? You will be knowing it soon." I said.

"True." He said and looked at me, with great curiosity in his eyes.

"What are you looking curiously at me for? The King will announce the identity soon. Can't you keep your cat inside for at least that much time?" I asked.

"It is not that," Albert said. "Then what?" I asked. "Nothing. You won't understand it anyway." Albert said.

"Are you mocking me?" I asked.

"I wouldn't dare," Albert said and backed off.

Suddenly, the doors opened and Lindon came in.

"Isn't that Sir Lin who usually serves by the King?" One asked, from the Assembly.

"Yeah. But how can he come in unannounced?" Another asked.

"True. But look at his dress..." Another said.

Yeah. His dress. That is what took the attention of the crowd. He came in the same clothes, which he had put on the day, on my marriage dealing meeting.

An involuntary smile crept upon my face.

But this time the difference was, obviously, he was not wearing a mask.

And it just looked like a god had ascended from above. If it weren't because of the fact that I bit and squeezed my desires, I am afraid I would have squealed out.

"Is this... him?" Albert asked.

"Obviously. Why are you even asking? Where else can you find such a handsome and dashing man that will make you heart flutter and have butterflies in your stomach?" I asked.

"Gosh. You are totally head over heels for him." Albert said.

"I deserve that," I said.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. It is not he that deserves you, but you that deserves him." Albert said.

"Obviously," I said.

"Isn't that too much confidence?" Albert asked.

"I call it self-esteem," I said.

"So you love him head over heels and you love yourself head over heels. How can you balance between them?" Albert said.

"You said the question yourself and answer yourself," I said.

"I am sorry?" He was confused.

"I love him very much and I love myself very much. This is the very same reason why there is balance." I said.

(A/N – These are the times I wish that it was modern times so that I could use Mathematics to solve the situation, by converting it into an equation and canceling equal quantities from both sides, them dividing by two to find the mean and using percentage in the last.)

He was stuck for a moment, but then he recovered.

"Ah! You are not at all like in those rumors." Albert said.