(#18)Preparations

"Belle, is everything ready?" I asked, as I was putting on my dress. "My Lady, please let me accompany you." She begged.

"No Belle. It is dangerous." I said. "Then what about you, My Lady?" She asked.

"I have been trained in the squad." I said. "But still... " She whined.

"No buts. Your safety is a priority. Taking you along with me to the jungle will be like putting a rabbit into a tiger's den." I said.

Belle started to tell something but I raised my hand to stop her. "No more discussion. This matter, ends here." I said.

"But... you will be safe right?" She asked. "How many times have you asked this and how many times have answered this?" I asked.

"I can't count." She says by holding up her fingers.

This girl! I thought as I shook my head.

"Exactly. That's the point." I said and she looked at me, with a confused look on her face.

Then her face turned into understanding. "Ah!-" But it was soon replaced with a dismal look as she had realized the true meaning.

"My Lady, why have you become like this?" Belle asked. "What's the matter?" I asked.

"When you didn't think at all it was problematic, and now when you think a lot it is problematic." Belle said and I smiled.

"Belle, I am the Lady of House Aesther. I must be extraordinary in everything I do." I said.

"But I am afraid it will be a burden for you, My Lady." Belle said.

"Nothing in life come easy my Belle. You will learn it the better way, or the hard way." I said, my voice changing by itself.

"My Lady, are you alright?" Belle asked. "Yeah. Anyway. You are too naïve for the outside world, Belle. But it will soon vanish." I said.

"What do you mean, My Lady?" Belle asked. "Patience Belle. You will soon know." I said and looked out of the window.

"After all, truth is like that." I said and pointed out to the sun. "Even if it disappears into the darkness of the night, it will soon come out, with a radiant shine." I said.

"It's just an intuition, My Lady. But I think that you are talking about Miss Maylene?" Belle asked.

"You are not bad." I said. "I have been sticking close to for a while. So God must have thought to spare a bit of your brain for me, My Lady." Belle said and we both had a good laugh.

"You will be safe right?" Belle asked again and I rolled my eyes. "Sir Lian will be there to protect me." I said.

"Lion?" Belle asked. (The Lian in his name is pronounced as Lion)

"Sir Kyle." I said. "Ah! I remember. Sorry." She said.

"It's alright. But you can't make this mistake again. You are one of my closest subordinate." I said.

"Yes, My Lady." She said, smiling.

Suddenly some knocked on the door. "Yes, come in." I said.

A maid appeared at the door. "What is it?" I asked. "Sir Lian has arrived." She said with a slight bow. "Alright." I said and waved her off.

"Belle. I will be leaving now." I said and Belle nodded. "Wait for me, alright." I said and she nodded.

I then descended the stairs. "Lady Aesther?" Sir Lian called out to me.

"Greetings to you, Sir Lian." I said with a slight bow. "Please don't be so courteous. You are making me uneasy." Sir Lian said.

"I am making you uneasy, Sir Lian?" I asked. "No, no, no. I didn't mean it like that." He said and started rumbling.

I chuckled. "Please make yourself at ease. I didn't mean anything." Sir Lian heaved a sigh.

"Oh, you have already reached it seems." We both heard Father's sound and turned.

"Greeting to Royal Advisor Lord Aesther." Kyle bowed.

"Greetings to the Minister of Isles." Father slightly bowed.

"My daughter only told me of your little trip today morning. So I didn't have much time to prepare." Father said.

'There is nothing much to prepare. I promise that I will return Lady Aesther by evening." Kyle said.

"Good. It is good that she can have field experience. I need to thank Minister Lian for this opportunity." My Father said bowing.

"Oh, please don't. It is my pleasure that the Lady agreed." Kyle looked at me and I smiled.

"Alright then. Prepare to leave." Father said.

I looked at Belle and nodded. She nodded back to me.

"Then I shall be leaving, Father." I said. 

----------------------------------

Note for readers.

I am very sorry for the short chapter. But you will be having the next chapter soon. 

So keep supporting me. 

Till then, Luv Y'all 💕💕

Last updated 12-8-2020