(#76) A little Culinary Issue

I suddenly woke up, in an unfamiliar, yet comfortable bed.

Wait, when did I fall asleep?

The last thing I remembered was...

Oh yeah, falling asleep while waiting for Lin- Crown Prince Lindon.

Suddenly the door opened and a maid came inside.

I got up and sat against the headboard supported with a pillow and a bolster.

"Greetings, Lady Aesther." The maid said bowed.

I nodded and asked.

"Who are you? Who sent you here?" I asked.

"I am a lowly maid, not worthy of your concern, My Lady." She said.

"It is me, who decides whether you are worthy of my concern, or not. Understand?" I asked, and she swallowed hard as if she has got Globus in her.

"I-I am Mariana. I am one of the Head Maids working in the Palace. I was sent by His Highness Crown Prince to take care of you." The maid said.

"And who told you to tell that?" I asked and she remained quiet.

"Anyway, I don't think I need anyone to take care of me. Just tell me if the necessities are inside the washroom." I said.

"Yes, Miss-" As she said that much I glared at her. She swallowed hard again.

"I mean, Yes Lady. Everything is in there. And please don't tell me that you don't need my help. My life is on the line-" I cut her off.

"Then go die," I said. I so was not in the mood of listening to some dramas early in the morning after a bad day.

"But if you really want to help me," I said and her face lit up.

"Please tell me, Lady Aesther." She said.

"Then send a message to House Aesther telling to send over Belle-a here. She is more familiar with my daily needs." I said.

"That, that," She didn't know what to tell.

"If you cannot do that, then please help me by not showing your face by when I get out of here," I said and got inside the washroom.

I seriously did not want to make any more enemies, but I seriously was not in the mood for sweet-talking.

After I freshened up and wore another dress, I got out of the washroom.

And when I did, I saw the Maid standing there.

"Oh. So you are set up on irritating me to death today, aren't you, Mariana?" I asked.

"It is nothing like that." She said.

"I just came to bring the Food." She said and pulled a tray from outside.

"Oh. Thanks then." I said.

"Shall I help you put on your coat, Lady Aesther?" Mariana asked.

"After the food," I said and sat on the bed and took up the silverware.

"My Lady, there is an important matter going in the Imperial Palace, in which you must attend," Mariana said.

"I know. It is the Assurance Ceremony." I said.

"That is there too. But another important matter is held today, before the Assurance Ceremony.

Apparently, the Crown Prince was sick for some days. And the reason was poisoning."

Sick? He was on the verge of dying.

"And they have caught the criminals of the incident. So before the Ceremony, they will bring out the criminals."

Well, I am certainly interested in who will be the new-found scapegoats.

I then raised the spoon to my mouth. I then kept it down.

I stood up and went to the drawer and took a napkin.

"Is it clean?" I asked.

"Very clean, Lady Aesther. Every object in this room gets thoroughly cleaned and sterilized after and before its use." She said and I nodded.

Then I walked back to the tray and wiped the silver culinary with the napkin and kept the napkin into my gown-slit.

"Mariana, I am not in the mood for eating. I shall proceed to get ready." I said and stood up and took the coat from the stand.

Mariana came near to me and was about to take the coat from me.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Helping you." She said, confused.

"When did I say I need your help?" I asked.

"You- Lady mentioned that I help you after you eat." She said.

"I never mentioned about you helping me. I just simply stated that I would get dressed after I eat." I said.

I then put on the coat.

"Mariana, come near," I said and she came near to me.

I then held onto her shoulders and made her face the mirror.

I then turned and took a silver knife from the tray.

I then checked its sharpness with my finger, and I could sense the panic from Mariana.

"You know what Mariana?" I asked, and looked at her eyes, through the mirror.

"W-What?" She asked, stuttering.

I then took the knife and placed it on her

"You know, you will get yourself in trouble if you get caught for poisoning, dear," I said.

You know, if I press it a little more, blood will come, but it's alright. Nothing much dangerous. But the poison on the knife will get mixed with the blood. And that will be disastrous." I said.

"Th-there is n-no p-poison on the c-c-culinary." She said.

"Yeah? Well, I don't believe it. And you won't admit it too. So there is only one method. We will test it out." I said.

She then fell onto her knees.

"Please Lady Aesther. Spare me. I was acting according to orders. I never wanted to do any of this." She said and started crying.

I then kept the knife on the dressing table and lowered myself to her.

"Dear, you might have played with many lives before. But before with Anastasia Aesther, you have to plan meticulously. Or you may not even know how you die." I said and got up.

Putting on the coat and walking out of that room. 

-------------------------------------------------------------

Note For the Readers.

I know that this chapter may sound psychic to some of you. Please comment on your thoughts. 

And a thousand and one thanks to all the supporters and dear friends who have supported me all along. 

Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow. 

So, till next time, 

Je vous aimez💕💕

Last updated on 10/02/2021