(#65) Heading Home

It had been morning by the time, we reached the capital.

And Caylin is in a state in which he can fall off at any moment.

Poor fellow must be his first time. He also had motion sickness, so we had to stop sometimes for him to empty his stomach.

Anyway, our way back so far did not have any problems.

And right now, we are about to enter the capital.

There was a long queue in front of the gate, which guards the capital.

"Teacher! Teacher!" I called him as he was sleeping.

"Yes! Yes! What is the matter?" Caylin asked, in the shock of being woken up.

"We have reached the capital. We need to get down for checking." I said and he nodded, half asleep.

We got down as we came near to the entry point.

"Where do you come from?" A guard asked.

"I am a resident of the Capital," I said and showed a paper, showing some residential location.

The guard nodded and looked at Caylin.

"He is a famous doctor, who specializes in poison. I needed for a family member." I said and showed my seal showing that I am from Aesther Household.

"You may enter." The guard said and we walked in.

"Wasn't it problematic?" Caylin asked.

I looked at Caylin.

"Follow me," I said and held his ear to the entry door.

From that point, we could clearly hear the guards speaking.

"Sir, isn't that illegal? Letting a suspicious person in?" A guard, who was not the one who checked us in asked.

"I was first suspicious about her when I saw her appearance. But then she showed her residential location." The other guard said.

"Can't she forge her location?" The previous one asked.

"Exactly." The other guard said.

"What do you mean, Sir? I don't quite get you." The previous one said.

"If she can forge her residential location, what does it mean? That, either she is from a powerful family. Or she has a powerful backer. A type we shouldn't mess with.

Then she showed her seal. And that was all that was needed." The other guard said, closing the matter.

"See?" I asked, whispering.

"The guards of the capital are not idiots," I said and Caylin nodded.

"Hey! What are you doing there?" Another guard asked, coming close to us.

"Nothing, just checking this metal," I said. And listening. I didn't bother to add it.

"Alright, alright. Now on your way, folks." He said and we nodded.

We got on the horse and started riding.

"To the Palace?" Caylin asked.

"No. To the Aesther Household." I said.

"Why? Isn't your friend's case, an urgency?" Caylin asked, making me blush.

"Those were the Capital guards. But Imperial guards are a bit more straight and loyal. If they see me in this state, they may even put me under bars." I said and Caylin nodded.